Bones international orders question re: ticker

Darkmatter

Ok, so US domestic is finished according to twitter. And Canada's possibly gonna be done today. I wonder will the ROW issues 'magically' be fixed when they finish Canada? Or will Undertakers and distributor orders go first while they wait

Minor note: I think that all we know is that Canadian orders are being packed and labeled, and not necessarily that they are leaving the building. Bryan had stated that they would have room to store Canadian and international orders once the US orders were done, so that might be all that is happening.

Of course, it also could be that the UPS guy finally showed up yesterday/today to fix the Canadian forms...

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

• Like 2

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

I read that in the voice of The Boondocks' "Rummy"...

• Like 1

OK, I get the frustration you all are feeling, but one thing I don't get are all the comments of "Watch, as soon as X is done, the USPS truck will 'magically' appear." I mean, talk about the ultimate in pessimism. So if the truck does come, say this afternoon or tomorrow morning, should Reaper sit on it for a couple days just to ensure that you don't all think they were scamming you; because if I were Reaper, I'd honestly consider doing just that, just to ensure that you all don't start a wave of hatred and "I told you so" echoing across the internet.

• Like 9

I don't get it either. Canada had to wait until now, but Reaper wasted a day+ trying to do us first.

I mean, what - was that just to throw us off the scent so they could cuddle their US funtime buddies?

The "suspicions" are ridiculous and should immediately end.

• Like 2

Hey my suspicions come from misinformation in the past. A couple of times they've given us wrong information now and it's blown up in their face so they've shown a predilection for saying something and hoping they can ship out before it becomes obvious that it's not true.

Of course I want it shipped out straight away. Having said that, if Canadian orders are going out now, I'll still believe with a pinch of salt that Reaper purposefully held back all Canadian and international orders so they could go through and double check each one and rather than just own up to it, they are blaming it on the postal service. Especially with the case where the Canadian ones that were sent before the issues with kaladrax and co arose 'slipped through the recall net'.

Where the 'magic' comes into it is, can you honestly believe that after weeks of waiting with no word that a USPS truck would arrive on the day that they are up to international orders with no word of warning from say, last week? You really think USPS is going to send a truck out of the blue? No way, for 3100 orders they'll call well beforehand to make sure everything is ready to ship. Even for 1500 orders.

My "suspicions" come directly from the constant miscommunication on Reaper's end and they'll end when I want them to. We have no hard information, Bryan himself has said many times that his posts don't count as official updates and given he's the one that said they had all the stock back in March I tend to not believe much he's saying anyway.

Keep in mind - I would rather they checked all the shipments before sending them out, I don't want to have them have to spend ridiculous money on reshipping, or have to wait extra weeks for missing pieces.

But at this point, what is ridiculous is that I still have no information on when I will receive my bones and as a result I will throw as much conjecture and hypothesis as I feel like.

It has nothing to do with 'funtime' buddies, it has to do with my complete and utter lack of trust in Reaper's communication. I basically don't believe anything they say and I won't till I get my shipping notice.

If there is any 'suspicious' timing, it might be that, so long as there were US packages to ship, Reaper/Bryan was willing to accept a response of "no truck tomorrow, but real soon now". With no US packages left, Reaper really can't let the truck slip any further -- faced with a crew standing idle, Bryan can now credibly threaten to take the business elsewhere or at the very least be much more firm in demanding a truck. (Plus, if the crew does start to go idle, then Bryan can call every hour until the truck shows up...)

Has no one considered that's it's not as simple as USPS sending a truck and then the Reaper-folks loading said truck?

I'm sure that if it were a case of Bryan calling USPS and saying "Hey we've got 3100 international orders here ready to go, can you send a truck over this afternoon and we'll load it up for you" that the truck would be there that afternoon.

But that's obviously NOT the case - We've already been told that until the US orders went out there wasn't room to store the packed RoW orders. The truck needed to sit there for 4-5 days (or 3 weeks if they were to stick to the initial 1 day of shipping to each region rotating schedule) while it got loaded with RoW orders that were being packed. USPS (or any company for that matter) is FAR less likely to let another company "borrow" a truck like that for a week (or 3), especially when said truck is needed during that week to do pick ups at other businesses.

It's a moot point now. US shipping is done, and they now have room to store the Canada and RoW boxes after they've been packed. So that when it's done, they CAN call up USPS and say "We have a truckload here for you to pick up".

Just something to think about while you all rage and make wild accusations.

• Like 1

.....Snipped for brevity....

Of course I want it shipped out straight away. Having said that, if Canadian orders are going out now, I'll still believe with a pinch of salt that Reaper purposefully held back all Canadian and international orders so they could go through and double check each one and rather than just own up to it, they are blaming it on the postal service. Especially with the case where the Canadian ones that were sent before the issues with kaladrax and co arose 'slipped through the recall net'.

...Snipped...

Really, Reaper knew that there were issues with Kaladrax and other mini's before they halted the shipments to Canada...you know a whole week before anyone with a Kaladrax received them. That's some powerful omnipotency. Maybe they should go buy a Lottery Ticket.

Has no one considered that's it's not as simple as USPS sending a truck and then the Reaper-folks loading said truck?

I'm sure that if it were a case of Bryan calling USPS and saying "Hey we've got 3100 international orders here ready to go, can you send a truck over this afternoon and we'll load it up for you" that the truck would be there that afternoon.

But that's obviously NOT the case - We've already been told that until the US orders went out there wasn't room to store the packed RoW orders. The truck needed to sit there for 4-5 days (or 3 weeks if they were to stick to the initial 1 day of shipping to each region rotating schedule) while it got loaded with RoW orders that were being packed. USPS (or any company for that matter) is FAR less likely to let another company "borrow" a truck like that for a week (or 3), especially when said truck is needed during that week to do pick ups at other businesses.

It's a moot point now. US shipping is done, and they now have room to store the Canada and RoW boxes after they've been packed. So that when it's done, they CAN call up USPS and say "We have a truckload here for you to pick up".

Just something to think about while you all rage and make wild accusations.

If all of this is true, then why not just say.....no shipping for other locations will start until after all US had been shipped? Why lead us on with misinformation about a truck.

Yes ROW would be p***ed (and rightly so), but at least we wouldn't be expecting things to happen, that were never going to.

I think there's bad planning on all sides, and is something that will seriously need to be looked at before the next KS......this would have put a number of people off.

If all of this is true, <snip>

I don't know if it is or not - but it's something I would consider a likely possibility (of course I've no inside knowledge what-so-ever.)

Edited by Malynor

Well I'm in England, and I'm looking forward to getting my order last because all the teething troubles have been tested on the US and Canadian hobbiests, I'll get a later but perfect order. Suits me fine. Besides you have to send orders to France in perfect order, because damn the French love to complain (I'm half French so I know this to be true).

Well I'm in England, and I'm looking forward to getting my order last because all the teething troubles have been tested on the US and Canadian hobbiests, I'll get a later but perfect order. Suits me fine. Besides you have to send orders to France in perfect order, because damn the French love to complain (I'm half French so I know this to be true).

Coming from Wales, the fact that you're half English and half French, just means you deserve to get them last...... ; )

Coming from Wales, the fact that you're half English and half French, just means you deserve to get them last...... ; )

Actually I'm quarter English, quarter Canadian, half French. To be fair I didn't realise they had the Internet in Wales, quite a surprise seeing you post on a forum. You must be a great scholar in your country....lol

Actually I'm quarter English, quarter Canadian, half French. To be fair I didn't realise they had the Internet in Wales, quite a surprise seeing you post on a forum. You must be a great scholar in your country....lol
You get just enough static from sheep's wool to power a computer, it does mean rubbing a lot of sheep though......oooo,errrrr,missus Edited by talion78