Bones international orders question re: ticker

Darkmatter

Well I'm in England, and I'm looking forward to getting my order last because all the teething troubles have been tested on the US and Canadian hobbiests, I'll get a later but perfect order. Suits me fine. Besides you have to send orders to France in perfect order, because damn the French love to complain (I'm half French so I know this to be true).

Coming from Wales, the fact that you're half English and half French, just means you deserve to get them last...... ; )

Actually I'm quarter English, quarter Canadian, half French. To be fair I didn't realise they had the Internet in Wales, quite a surprise seeing you post on a forum. You must be a great scholar in your country....lol

You get just enough static from sheep's wool to power a computer, it does mean rubbing a lot of sheep though......oooo,error,missus

Wellies + cliff = static. Sound science.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More likely, it would be a trailer that would be left to load. And that happens frequently with many shipping concerns.

This time of year, I'm sure that USPS has fields of unused trailers laying around, probably parked near airports. The fleet is almostly certainly sized to December mail volumes, so it should be a relatively easy matter for USPS to have one of their contractors bring a spare trailer up from DFW and leave it for a week.

(I haven't been to Reaper -- is it possible that they are short on parking for a trailer plus Bones overflow plus room for a UPS truck for pickup?)

Just posted on the Kickstarter Comments from ReaperBryan:

Bryan Stiltz 1 minute ago
The handful of outstanding Canada and USA will be handled personally by myself, Matt or Kit shortly. If you think one of those is yours, please be patient while we organize ROW and research the issue affecting you.

Reaper_Miniatures_ICON.small.jpg?1343230

Creator Bryan Stiltz less than a minute ago

Canada finished! (There were a few we need to handle special - typos, address errors, etc) but 99.9%.
Tomorrow we restock everything and then we start ROW! We kept running past 6:00 to finish, so the shop is a wreck and every slot is low, so we do need some time to clean and restock before processing starts, but we will jump right in!
Thanks for your patience thus far, and we beg for just a little more as we complete the rest.

Hugely relieved that it appears there won't be a major delay between finishing USAnia / Canuckistan, and getting onto the rest of us.

Edited by Laoke
  • Like 3

More from Bryan on Kickstarter:

@KevinR: our dock is full and we have to schedule the truck. The UPS track won't be valid yet until they take possession.

We will be doing something similar for RoW - storing them in full pallets on our dock ( or in the adjacent building) until the USPS truck arrives.

Bryan Stiltz less than a minute ago

I should clarify: waybills/postage are applied as we go, they just sit here until the truck picks them up. Literally every step complete except them being physically received by the carrier.

Edit to add more from Bryan:

I am anticipating the truck for Canada tomorrow OR Friday. I anticipate the ROW truck Monday/Tuesday. Days not weeks, even if my times are off I'm only off by a bit.

Bryan Stiltz less than a minute ago

I'm not aware of any emails being sent, I *think* we are holding the emails until the truck picks them up to avoid confusing people that aren't reading this.

Edited by KevinR
  • Like 1

(I haven't been to Reaper -- is it possible that they are short on parking for a trailer plus Bones overflow plus room for a UPS truck for pickup?)

They did mention that they had to hire space because they couldn't fit all the Bones in their warehouse and other storage space, so they were pretty much packed to the brim before they started, and would have remained that way until all the extra storage space had been emptied.

Honestly, "misinformation" is a part of life. They have passed it on believing it was correct at the time. If they hadn't have updated us with anything they weren't 100% positive of then we would have NO updates AT ALL. They have also given outlines of what they planned to do, but plans are just that. Plans. I have no reason to believe they have provided us with "disinformation".

I have assumed that it is much more likely that USPS will send a truck at some point when there are pick-ups available, but are much less likely to leave a truck there for them for a week. I have also stipulated in another thread what may happen if they don't, which concluded with a string of threads about a possible Bryan-zilla. :;):

But lets have happy thoughts now people. That ticker should start showing ROW in around 14 hours! And if the email system doesn't fail again, we should start getting notices within 24 hours!!

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

I read that in the voice of The Boondocks' "Rummy"...

I think that was the intention. I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one.

All I'm sayin', is that that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Just because you don't have evidence saying something does exist, doesn't mean you have evidence saying it doesn't exist.

Well I'm in England, and I'm looking forward to getting my order last because all the teething troubles have been tested on the US and Canadian hobbiests, I'll get a later but perfect order. Suits me fine. Besides you have to send orders to France in perfect order, because damn the French love to complain (I'm half French so I know this to be true).

Coming from Wales, the fact that you're half English and half French, just means you deserve to get them last...... ; )

Actually I'm quarter English, quarter Canadian, half French. To be fair I didn't realise they had the Internet in Wales, quite a surprise seeing you post on a forum. You must be a great scholar in your country....lol

I think at that point you're just a white guy. :poke:

This time of year, I'm sure that USPS has fields of unused trailers laying around, probably parked near airports. The fleet is almostly certainly sized to December mail volumes, so it should be a relatively easy matter for USPS to have one of their contractors bring a spare trailer up from DFW and leave it for a week.

USPS contracts out its overflow, actually; one of my former stepfathers [mom changes husbands about as often as she changes cars, let's just leave it at that] used to run rig for a company that picked up excess mail for Christmas...because it was so time-sensitive, it was the most lucrative work of the year.