Bones international orders question re: ticker

Darkmatter

Gah, just deleted a rant I spend a good 30 minutes typing.

You know why?

I've made my feelings on the matter crystal clear. I'm not going to bore the rest of y'all with me explaining why I feel the way I feel. Let's just say I'm frustrated as only a New Zealander without easy access to a sheep farm can feel, and leave it at that.

• Like 4

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be excited to if we had more to go on. I don't know whether to expect my minis in a month or two or what.

I'm a Tassie girl too, so I have to expect a bit more time on my shipping too to wait for stuff to get here from the mainland.

Edited by Cassu

Im not really frustrated as such... tbh its hard to really keep up much excitement or frustration continuously for this long. At this point Im just saying theyll get here when they get here.

The one thing I did quirk an eyebrow at, though, is the waiting for a truck. Did something change that suddenly required asking for a truck at the last minute, right when everything was ready waiting to be packed and shipped, rather than what from the outside would have seemed the sensible option of getting the ok for a truck back in march when they knew how many international packages they were going to need to ship?

keep myself from going too crazy.

You cant go to a destination that you've already arrived at.

• Like 1

Re: rants: did you notice that Bryan was the first to respond to this post? his response was pretty clear I thought. They will tell us what is up when they can. I'd of course like to know more about when my stuff will turn up, but I don't know how possible that is.

The problem with anything like this is that multiple parties are involved. In this instance, everything is compounded by overseas manufacturing, international shipping, tax, postal services, and god only knows what else. The fact it is a mess is to be entirely expected. The fact that we are only being given updates when they are concrete is a good thing. Speculation is best left to us. If Reaper and their mods started it, it would be like giving large animal stimulant to a room full of zombies. (spot the movie reference!)

I have enough trouble getting people to send me final copy, digitally, within my own country (I'm a graphic designer). 90% of the time I have to do everything at the last minute because of this. I really can relate. I can't even imagine the stress levels at Reaper HQ. I'm glad I'm on this side of the ravenous internet customer-base, that's for sure.

Anyway, I have a ton of miniatures to paint before my big box turns up. I'm trying to look at it as a challenge.

• Like 2

Im not really frustrated as such... tbh its hard to really keep up much excitement or frustration continuously for this long. At this point Im just saying theyll get here when they get here.

The one thing I did quirk an eyebrow at, though, is the waiting for a truck. Did something change that suddenly required asking for a truck at the last minute, right when everything was ready waiting to be packed and shipped, rather than what from the outside would have seemed the sensible option of getting the ok for a truck back in march when they knew how many international packages they were going to need to ship?

keep myself from going too crazy.

You cant go to a destination that you've already arrived at.

I don't let anybody drive me crazy - it's walking distance

• Like 3

It would require knowing when they would be able to ship to request having the truck on hand. It was not that long ago that everything was released from customs.

Let's just say I'm frustrated as only a New Zealander without easy access to a sheep farm can feel, and leave it at that.

This makes me question what, exactly, you intend to do with the Bones when they arrive...

Oh wait - I was meant to leave it at that, sorry!

I was a little disappointed when ROW shipping didn't happen, I wanted to see if I could spot my order on the ticker.

But honestly there's no point in me getting worked up yet. Even if it shipped today between transit time, incredibly slow customs people and finding a day to make the trip to the sorting office I won't see my Bones until August anyways.

I know that the issue has been getting the truck from USPS so that they can actually send them, however I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with it all as well.

There was a quote from Reaper saying the first ROW book is awaiting approval. So it might not just be they're waiting on the truck. And what does that mean? USPS have a busy schedule so they don't know when it will be available? They rang but got someone on a desk who didn't know but they'd pass the message on to someone who did and they'd ring? And will USPS conveniently ring before hand or will they get a call at 4pm after a day packing US orders saying the Truck will be there at five?

And Cassu, I've the same reaction as you. People worried that they're ~30 items won't ship before the 4th, when I've no idea when my FOUR will go out. Definitely not backing the next KS, maybe I'll buy their stuff if I find somewhere here selling it, or at least somewhere in the UK with an online store.

Well my current expectations have me getting my order around late August.

Nothing has shipped on time which is completely understandable given the initial scope of their kickstarter and what it blew out to.

But given the 1st load of international orders hasn't gone out, that means at least another week before mine ships + 4-8 weeks in transit. Actually, I'm know just hoping that mine will get here in August and not September ;p