Bones international orders question re: ticker

Darkmatter

I'm one of those fortunate ROWers who's got his bones, Heretic mentioned me a while back (I'm the friend who'd got notice his stuff was ready, £25.55 to HMRC).

@Jason, telling folk who are clearly annoyed that they should chill is not helpfull. They're feeling the way they're feeling.

I have two things to say.

1) I definitely think Reaper could have handled communication better on this kickstarter. :down:

2a) The bones are lovely

2b) I'm coming down with paint.

2c) Cheap as chips. :;):

2d) When you guys get your stuff this will seem a lot more bearable.

1) While it is pretty much impossible that communication on something like this could be utterly perfect and beyond reproach, the comms early on we're just great! When there was only good news to impart and no packing to do Reaper were excellent! It has only been when the proverbial wicket got a bit sticky that quality of comms began a spiral downwards.

2a) Hmm guard your glasses well! if you can't see 'em you can't enjoy 'em :;):

2b) see 2a

2c) good value certainly!

2d) No doubt but as you know it's not the wait as such that bugs me. I've got hundreds of figures waiting my brush.... Just hate the growing feeling of being kept in the dark.

And yes re Jason 100% right, I guess I will just have to deal with not being as cool as he is.

W

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for this thread, collecting information about RoW shipping and posting it for lurkers. I've had this thread pinned on my browser for a few weeks now but I had to chime in after reading your gem, Laoke :

When someone is seriously considering that sort of action... there's a problem.

I'm so proud. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step in my Decidingly Secular Twelve-Step Program.

So, the facts that they're running 5-6 months behind, aren't communicating effectively, and that I've taken steps to address this are amusing to you?

Well, to be honest, my reaction is a little amusing to me as well. The frustration and energy I was burning on this was utterly ridiculous. That's why I took steps.

But, jabs aside, the energy (the negative energy, dude) that has been put into this thread is amazing. I can't help but imagine what I could have accomplished if I had the energy that some of you have spent worrying over this. I could have sorted out paint schemes for all these guys! I could have made bases for them... better yet, I could have worked out what base size I needed for them. Character sheets for them (I've only thought about making a Wandering Lizardman Ranger/Beast-handler with Pet Dinosaur? Because I don't have enough Lizardmen for a tribe of them. Eh. I'll just keep him as a PC)... I could have built an awesome board (modular dungeon walls!). I could have read up on Warlord properly (that's the one that uses the playing card's suit as a unit activation, right? Such a good mechanic). Or devised homebrewed rules to incorporate the minis into other systems (It's like RT, but with DRAAAAAAGONS).

I don't think I've... my mind is just blown. I can't believe that I'm saying that I'm too laid back.

Oh. I can't change my user name so my legal name is up here. For all to see. Paranoia setting in... ah, that's much better. I was starting to relax. So unnatural.

(I have to message Kit to change my user name? Far out... Surely he's got better things to do. meh, I'll get round to it sometime)

Look, I get what you're saying. And I DID redirect my energies. The problem is, I did all that before March. I got all my supplies in, sorted out bases, didn't really think much about paint schemes because I'm more a 'slap it on, hope for the best' kinda guy, considered the possiblity of actually playing games with these rather than just using them for painting as I planned, ordered some Dungeon Tiles, worked out how to use a magnetic anchoring system on a game board to hold them down, got the rare-earth magnets, got some 8mm hematite beads in bulk to use as paint agitators...

But I finished all that months ago. Right now, I've got a Vampire box - and yeah, sure, someone on the boards took pity on y'all and muted my moaning and griping by application of Bones to the mouth socket. But even if Arnifix hadn't jumped on that grenade for y'all, I was looking at buying a Vampire box off ebay that week.

I was very, very, very close to telling Reaper 'Cancel my order, keep the money' just because I was burning so much time and energy on anticipation. The only reason I haven't now done that is because I need the Vampire box to repay Arnifix, and the edge has been taken off.

Yeah, I'm an outlier. I obsess over information flow, and I don't give two tugs of a dead dogs tail about the cost. What concerned me was the time I was wasting monitoring 5 channels of information and trying to work out what was going on. This isn't normal behaviour. Fully aware of that. But for me to get so frustrated and tied up in knots is highly unusual. The only thing I can control in this situation? My response to it. So I spent some time trying to work out what was going on. Got asked not to speculate, so I didn't. Waited patiently for shipping to start. When it started, was under the impression they would be doing 1 day US, 1 day Canada, 1 day ROW turnaround. That wasn't the case. Not a problem, except it set my expectations at that level and we were never told otherwise so as far as I knew, ROW shipping could commence at any stage. It didn't. Then finally, ROW shipping starts and (a) they remove the tracker so there's no transparency (b) change the order of shipping © appear to only be shipping in bulk one day a week.

All of which was running contary to my expectations - be those expectations reasonable or not.

And so, I'll repeat what I said about a month back. Could those of you who've got your figures already please stop waving red flags at those of us who haven't? My circulatory system would greatly appreciate your consideration.

• Like 5

There is a bit of life in this week yet, especially in sunny Denton. It will be interesting to see how things actually progress. Things will have to change pretty drastically for the RoW stuff to be shipped in the next couple of weeks. So unless there is another single big truck shipment in our future there may well be more news late on Friday, Texas time.

Though of course processed may mean something other than shipped and even then the second week in August was an estimate in an email, not anything official!

We'll get what Reaper sends when they send it and not a second sooner. Hope that is no too far in the future.

W

• Like 1

There is a bit of life in this week yet, especially in sunny Denton. It will be interesting to see how things actually progress. Things will have to change pretty drastically for the RoW stuff to be shipped in the next couple of weeks. So unless there is another single big truck shipment in our future there may well be more news late on Friday, Texas time.

Though of course processed may mean something other than shipped and even then the second week in August was an estimate in an email, not anything official!

We'll get what Reaper sends when they send it and not a second sooner. Hope that is no too far in the future.

W

Judging from previous patterns, we won't see bulk ROW shipping notifications till tomorrow.

I have given up on wondering when I will see stuff. Reaper isn't telling us squat, and I just can't manage to keep wondering and hoping. One day, in some distant future, I will have my Bones. Until then, I just have to find something to do. Here's hoping the rumour that a new playtest packet for D&DNext is actually out tomorrow. That would be neat.

But not expecting to hear anything about my Bones.

@Laoke. I am not a big of user of Internet fora. I am led to understand that amazingly, some people like to post provocative messages just to enjoy the reaction and that dignifying them with a reasoned response only encourages further provocation. Hard to believe I know.

From what I have seen Reaper have responded to events without keeping us in the loop even if the events might seem to us to be very much our business. Changes to plans, changes to ongoing processes, changes to the level of expectation. Lots of changes that have left many of us with a vastly inferior customer experience to other backers but with no adequate information provided to soften the blow. So I don't feel spending time seeking to fill in the blanks reflects badly on the seeker.

W

<snip>

@Sumbloke: Wow!! Thanks for going to so much work! Now to collate all the Facebook, email and other communication streams! :-) (only joking!!!!)

Why would I do that? As I said in the first of those two posts, they amount to the entirety of the communication that can reasonably be considered to have been provided to the Kickstarter backers regarding shipping. Given there's also no mention in any of that official communication of any other means of communication (even these fora), nothing else need be considered.

Just got an email back from Reaper to the email I sent a few days ago:

Sorry, your KS donation rewards have not shipped yet. We do have your rewards in our system as I have checked.

We are still processing International Vampire level pledges and we are hoping to have them processed by the 2nd/3rd full week of August.

You will receive an email once it has shipped. Thanks!

Bolded for important parts.

Sorry, your KS donation rewards have not shipped yet. We do have your rewards in our system as I have checked.

We are still processing International Vampire level pledges and we are hoping to have them processed by the 2nd/3rd full week of August.

Oh, for the Love of Cthulhu!

I begin to dimly understand why they're refusing to give a solid ETA now - with it changing every week (originally it was the 1st week in August) they must be bent over like a boy scout by their shipping companies.

@Sumbloke this is an example of how the official KS updates just don't tell the whole story. Similarly the information that appears on Facebook.

@Cassu: Thanks for the update! Seems that between Stacey Tail's similar email response and today the good folks at Reaper have had to push the timeframe back another week. Wish I was more surprised.

W

Edited by Heretic

I'm assuming that they're not counting this week as a full week in August and when they say by that week they mean the end of the week so what they actually mean is that (maybe) some of us will be sent our orders by the 23rd August which might arrive sometime in September.