Bones international orders question re: ticker

Darkmatter

I agree with that, after all; 'to err is human.' However, I still think those comments made in a somewhat official capacity from Reaper's KS account are unprofessional and not consistent with what I've seen from Reaper in the past.

Edited by Cassu

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only thought in response to those comments by Reaper is irritation. Very very profound irritation.

Yes, I'm annoyed by seeming to be pushed further and further back for shipping.

Yes, I'm annoyed that the method they said they were shipping via (last update, largest to smallest) doesn't seem to be holding.

Yes, I'm very annoyed by the poor communications....

BUT PLEASE DON'T TREAT ME LIKE AN IDIOT OR THAT I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE ANNOYED.

Note: however they seem to be shipping on what is to them a Saturday however:

I just received my shipping notice.

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Nethyrmaul x1
Mummies x1
Mind your Manors x1
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Clockwork Dragon x1
Undead Giant x1
Demons x1
There Be Dragons x1
Deep Dwellers x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
Griffon x1
Hydra x1
Forces of Nature x1
IMEF Paint Set x1
Starter Set 2 x1
Figure Case x2
vampire x2
Starter Paint Set x1
Undead Paint Set x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 08-10-2013 and is being shipped USPS.

Edited by kay13

That reads to me like it might have been Ed. There's a reason Bryan generally tends to do community communication. Ed can be a little blunt. Which is an awesome trait when he's pulling tails over at Frothers, maybe not so much in a KS post for an increasingly agitated audience of backers.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 1

I also just got my shipping notice (to Sydney Australia):

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Iconics II x1
Dungeon Dressing x1
Vermin x1
Griffon x1
Hydra x1
Orcapocalypse x1
Ebonwrath x1
Nethyrmaul x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
Figure Case x2
There Be Dragons x1
Clockwork Dragon x3
Red Dragon x1
Starter Set 2 x1
Undead Paint Set x1
Starter Paint Set x2
vampire x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 08-10-2013 and is being shipped USPS.

• Like 1

Just saw those posted by Reaper on the KS page and laughed. Its all I could do. Never, not once, did I think I wouldn't get my order, and never, not once did I think Reaper were intentionally trying to shaft me. All I have ever wanted was transparent communication on what is happening with the orders still outstanding. Hell, even with my order shipped, I would like to get more information, as I think my wife's order is still outstanding as well.

Still, it is getting closer to finished, and hopefully Reaper has learned some lessons on communication for the future.

• Like 1

Yeah, they've learnt that no matter what they do people will complain, and that they might as well keep doing what they think is right.

I wish that were true, but theyve stated at several points that they have changed things due to complaints - in particular they said they were using the slower "largest to smallest" shipping order for RoW because when they did it the opposite way around for US some people complained. With the poor communication and little to go on, it looks from the outside like they are chopping and changing, bowing to some complaints and implying that complaining gets the desired result and then getting upset that other people voice different complaints in the same manner, without much rhyme or reason.

Apart from that, those messages are exceedingly frustrating. The intent essentially comes across (most likely unintentionally) that they would prefer to spend their time arguing and addressing trolls than improving their communication to genuinely concerned backers about what is actually going on. And the demonstrated ignorance of their obligations under KS rules doesnt look very professional either (the "technically we dont have to fulfill rewards", as addressed by Cassu).

• Like 1

Considering that I have seen people arguing that Reaper is running a scam (not here - other boards, and I suspect mostly other folks...) in spite of the fact that the shipping is much more than 50% done, and that Reaper was holding onto the RoW shipments until the US shipments were done....

And I suspect that the e-mails have been, if anything, worse....

Yeah, I can see Reaper folks being leery of updates.

But I prefer having information to working in a vacuum. At work I have a reputation for dropping too much information on my coworkers rather than not enough.

Plus... my replacement for the bungled bag can't happen until after all the shipments are made.... I am not without a horse in this race. ::P:

The Auld Grump

I hope, on behalf of many of you, that they don't learn what several other companies have learned from running a campaign that includes logistically suffocating manufacturing and shipping components, ie: don't offer international rewards. I'm coming from a different place than most of you, in two ways. I'm completely new to the hobby. I had no immediate use for any of the figures. Also, I have my rewards, so the waiting isn't eating at me anymore. But still, I can't help but feel (or maybe just hope) that once you have the shower of white plastic raining over you like a slightly-bendy-but-still-kinda-pointy-and-hurty waterfall, your frustration will vanish and you'll be happy (except for all the poke-wounds) that you were able to take advantage of the deal at all and still got in before retail.

There's one Indiegogo (similar to Kickstarter) campaign in Spain I wanted to get in on, but it was the second the company had done, and the first one taught them that they should only ship within the EU. If I want the final product (dumb open-source hardward fun), I'll have to pay 3 times as much at retail once it's ready, plus international shipping. There was a KS in Germany that I wanted to pledge at, and I spent $180 including shipping instead of $70 with shipping included once they hit retail. Remember, it could always be worse.

I think there's a bit of Chinese whispers going on already.

I don't think they ever said that they started shipping larger RoW orders first because people complained about it. As I recall, it was simply an observation that either way they went, largest or smallest first, the other group would complain.

The KS post also never said that they didn't have to fulfill rewards, it said that KS projects in general didn't have to give you anything in return for a pledge. Which is true, there is no guarantee that you will receive your reward, though if you did not then a refund would be expected.

• Reaper User

I can't let Ed take the hit... it was me.

That reads to me like it might have been Ed. There's a reason Bryan generally tends to do community communication. Ed can be a little blunt. Which is an awesome trait when he's pulling tails over at Frothers, maybe not so much in a KS post for an increasingly agitated audience of backers.