Bones international orders question re: ticker

Darkmatter

Again, if that is the case they damn well should have told us. Not strung us along with 'oh, we're waiting for a truck, we'll let you know when it gets here.'

Okay, you're waiting for a truck. Fine. But then you decide to wait until a certain # of U.S. orders are finished? Perhaps that information could have been shared with us so we weren't checking the forums, the ticker and KS page every day; rife anticipation of an announcement of a truck or any extra info to signal the start of our shipping.

Well, that's true. It does rather leave you (and me) on tenterhooks. I checked in this morning (and most of the day) looking vainly for some Canadian addresses.

I'd be checking in regardless, it's what I do most days, but I agree that if, say, there's zero chance of RoW or Canada until next week, then knowing that at least means you don't have to look in and try to divine the answer when you can just wait it out.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy posting the thing he heard from Reaper is the definition of unreliable information. ReaperBryan said about a week back that he was going to hold off giving us information till he had a confirmed date to give us. Right now, I'm as frustrated as the rest of you and an update from Reaper is, in my opinion, about 3 days overdue, but Reaper are doing the best they can. Pulling someone off fullfilment duty to stroke us would delay them and they absolutely have to get out as many orders as they can in as short a time as they can for a variety of reasons.

The thing that worries me is the possiblity that they'll finish the US shipping and still be waiting on the truck. That will be when I start to get annoyed.

• Like 4

It's all a bit of a dilemma! On the one hand you want to enjoy & share the anticipation of the Bones shipping & being received . On the other hand it's just a box of figures to go onto the 'to be painted' pile. Thing is if you give into the urge to start watching the ticker, play the "when will mine get shipped game based" on what Reaper have told us, you naturally get a bit deflated to hear that you have been put to the back of the queue.

I'm also aware that Customs will want money and that The Royal Mail will charge me to tell me of HMRC's demands! Which adds another level of drama to the whole thing!

While an update would be nice, I have no doubts that it's going to be three short words: "No new developments".

Tomorrow is a major US holiday, and Monday was a major Canadian holiday...in addition, Calgary [one of the biggest cities in western Canada, and a very probable shipping hub] is under water, disrupting shipping through the entire region.

The only thing we can do at this point is give them the benefit of the doubt and operate on the assumption that Bryan and his crew are making the best of a bad situation, and the best of a bad week. He didn't have to work on his birthday, but he did. He didn't have to cancel his vacation, but he did. He didn't have to work all day Saturday and Sunday with 2 or 3 other guys, but he did. He didn't have to hire a bunch of temps to speed fulfillment...but he did. He didn't have to rope every free set of hands around the office...including the webmaster...into going out onto the floor and helping pack...but he did. Why? Because that's the kind of people that work at Reaper. That's the kind of people that run Reaper. That's the kind of people I've been dealing with in the 10 years I've been doing business with them. I understand that the guys that haven't done much with them before the KS don't have much to go on...but please trust us old-timers when we say that this company is as above-board as above-board gets.

• Like 9

Bryan has just popped into this thread: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50101-best-wings-in-denton-and-do-they-deliver/page-19

"Two things:
First and foremost the reason I haven't given news about ROW is because I don't have any. We are waiting for word and until we have the go ahead (read: until they send a truck) from the post office we are stuck. We don't have the room in the shop to prestige the boxes and hold them until the truck gets here, and I'm sorry but it sucks for everyone."

Honestly that's all I wanted.

• Like 1

I am sorry I haven't been posting. It's entirely my fault, but I've been trying to use my breaks to get stuff done re: vacation reservations for the rental car and hotels and such, among other things. The recent upheaval has been challenging.

I have no news regarding ROW. We continue to await the truck, although we are glad that we discovered the Kaladrax problem before shipping ROW so we can be sure your orders are all accurate. This is purely selfish, as shipping replacements overseas is horrifically expensive.

I digress. I know the silence is hard, and there is no excuse. We have a tendency to forget when the situation doesn't change over several days that while we know its unchanged, you all usually don't.

We are trying as hard as we can, and we know it is frustrating - we ask only that you remember that this is frustrating for us, too.

I should make it clear that although I am frustrated with the delays, I'm not annoyed with the Reaper crew ::):

And as I hit submit at the same time as Bryan....I'll also say that I'm very, very glad that they took the time to sort out Kaladrax when they found out about the trouble ::):

Edited by ratsmitglied
  • Like 2

Thanks Bryan, and we understand. Hope the 4th of July goes well for anyone (and hopefully you guys can take a break and break and chill out a little!)

We're all human, and we all make mistakes. It's a part of life,. Thanks again for stopping by, very happy and continue the good work.

Just found that KS comment. What is posted as a quote is:

"Let's just say when the KS Bones Countdown gets to approx. 4000 orders remaining then it will be all international reward orders."

That could just be a poorly-worded way of saying there are around 4000 non-US orders left and they don't expect to have issues sorted out before US orders are finished.

To me, that comment sounds like it is trying to say this: there is a delay, and they dont know how long it will last. While this delay persists, other domestic orders are shipping. If the delay continues until all domestic orders are filled, all that will be left are international orders. I wouldn't get too up in arms about it.

Thanks for the update, Bryan! Or is it an anti-update? Whatever it was, Im thankful for it.

My only question is whats "the Kaladrax problem"? Is this the two left feet thing Ive seen mentioned?

The two feet/two of other parts thing is exactly what the Kaladrax problem was/is. So they went and cracked open the Kaladrax boxes they still had at the shop and sorted out what they could to make sure it was right.