Sign in to follow this  
Darkmatter

Bones international orders question re: ticker

Still a satisfied international here. Getting a lot of painting done while waiting, so this is actually a good thing. Must finish painting my Mansions of Madness before Bones!

I am sorry I haven't been posting. It's entirely my fault, but I've been trying to use my breaks to get stuff done re: vacation reservations for the rental car and hotels and such, among other things. The recent upheaval has been challenging.

I have no news regarding ROW. We continue to await the truck, although we are glad that we discovered the Kaladrax problem before shipping ROW so we can be sure your orders are all accurate. This is purely selfish, as shipping replacements overseas is horrifically expensive.

I digress. I know the silence is hard, and there is no excuse. We have a tendency to forget when the situation doesn't change over several days that while we know its unchanged, you all usually don't.

We are trying as hard as we can, and we know it is frustrating - we ask only that you remember that this is frustrating for us, too.

Thanks for the posting.

But I think still it would be post an official update with that information. (At the moment it might be even available in the Kickstarter comments, but in two days this might change). The last official information (not buried in a heap of other stuff) is that everything (-probable Canada, I have no clue) is working fine. Hearing that ROW is halted (for whatever reasons beyond your controls) is in my opinion a new information that should be shared.

That's still my biggest complaint overall, the lack of official updates on the kickstarter platform that go out to all backers.

That and the fact I'm still worried about how long it will actually take to ship to me once it's posted. If it's longer than 1-2 weeks (which I am totally expecting given current postage rights) I'll be disgruntled they didn't ship out ROW at the start. Or have a truck organised to be there at the start. Then get on with the rest of the US orders that take 2-3 days or however long.

But at that point it should eventually arrive and i'll get over it ;p

Hope the Reaper crew (and all our fellow gamers in or from the U.S.) enjoy their Independence Day festivities and there are no stray fireworks!

Reading the plethora of different threads I'm concluding that the USPS are not co-operating nor adequately explaining why. Thus in the continued absence of said co-operation those of us relying on them for our delivery are now on indefinite hold. During this time the UPS handled American deliveries will be fulfilled. The Canadian deliveries are also on hold but pending a specified administrative fix with UPS.

I will go on record here as asking that when all the hurly burly is done, all the deliveries sent (assuming the USPS ever send a truck) & Reaper get back to normal, that we get an explanation as to why the USPS behaved the way they did.

• Like 1

USPS has been impacted by the US government budget sequestration among other things, so they have scaled back and slowed many of the one-off services. At one point they were announcing that they were going to stop delivering on certain days, but public/voter outcry was big enough that they ended up not doing that. At the end of the day something else had to give for them to meet their sequestration obligation, and the services that got cut back and slowed are the ones that effect the fewest number of outspoken voters.

Due to the sequester, the federal government lost 14,000 full time jobs in March, and almost all of them were in the U.S. Postal Service.

USPS is doing what it can with what they can, but those 14000 former workers were doing something before that is now not getting done. Edited by badocter
  • Like 2

USPS has been impacted by the US government budget sequestration among other things, so they have scaled back and slowed many of the one-off services. At one point they were announcing that they were going to stop delivering on certain days, but public/voter outcry was big enough that they ended up not doing that. At the end of the day something else had to give for them to meet their sequestration obligation, and the services that got cut back and slowed are the ones that effect the fewest number of outspoken voters.

Due to the sequester, the federal government lost 14,000 full time jobs in March, and almost all of them were in the U.S. Postal Service.

USPS is doing what it can with what they can, but those 14000 former workers were doing something before that is now not getting done.

Thanks for the information. Rather disturbing implications, to be honest.

I understand the cry for information, however emailing every backer with news concerning only 15% of them is quite annoying to those it doesn't concern. I like to hear from Reaper, but apparently there are people that don't want to get lots of mail about their backed project. As I understand it Reaper has already gotten complaints about sending too many emails. So while I understand the need for information (to clarify: I also want to know), I also understand that this is not communicated through a kickstarter update.

I understand the cry for information, however emailing every backer with news concerning only 15% of them is quite annoying to those it doesn't concern. I like to hear from Reaper, but apparently there are people that don't want to get lots of mail about their backed project. As I understand it Reaper has already gotten complaints about sending too many emails. So while I understand the need for information (to clarify: I also want to know), I also understand that this is not communicated through a kickstarter update.

And all it would have taken is a Kickstarter update stating that the all minor news would be located in one thread on the Reaper forums,

those that wanted more updates could check the forum thread and the others only have major updates via Kickstarter, job done.

• Like 2

USPS is doing what it can with what they can, but those 14000 former workers were doing something before that is now not getting done.

This is truth. My dad is a postal carrier and has worked for the post office in various positions for around 30 years now. Just prior to father's day he quite literally broke his feet because of his increased workload due to the post office he works at not having enough carriers for their routes.

• Like 1

FYI, as far as official updates, Bryan posted this under his KS account a while ago (June 25th):

I can comment freely, but Updates go to committee.

So any official updates through KS have to go through management.

And all it would have taken is a Kickstarter update stating that the all minor news would be located in one thread on the Reaper forums,

those that wanted more updates could check the forum thread and the others only have major updates via Kickstarter, job done.

This. Simply having one (official, locked, for announcements/news only) thread and pointing to that, would be enough. (If you use that thread often enough.)

To Slinky: I think there is not really a threshold of people you need to affect to warrant an update. (Best example: Order of the Stick Update 53, it only affected around 80 of nearly 15k backers, but I still think it was a good update). Every update you do (even if it is only for a small part of backers) tells that you care about your backers and your project. And I personally will never* complain that any project will do too many updates. (Honestly, the last two updates with the count down counter didn't really interested me, but it still has shown that something is happening, and if I had the choice between these updates and no updates, I still would take the updates every single time. It takes not really that much time to see that these updates have no information I need at the moment. But it is really hard to get any information from no updates [unless you have other options of information-sharing, that are easily doable].)

And for people about complaining about too much updates (I honestly can't fathom why), there always the possibility to stop them from happening (if you have no other solution, every Kickstarter-update-email has a "Unsubscribe from this project's updates with one click"-link at the bottom, or you can set it at https://www.kickstarter.com/settings/notifications).

* never is a hard word, but I think even if an project would do updates every hour, I wouldn't complain. If it gets more frequent than that, my opinion might change, but for every practicable update frequency I surely wouldn't complain.

• Like 2

The countdown ticker updates every 30 seconds... that's like 120 updates / hour... and none has to waste valuable order-picking-time on writing updates meanwhile.

Means enough to me that they are still working hard ... and taking the time to sleep through independence days to get back in full action the day after.

I'm happy with the way it goes now, the more the ticker ticks, the closer we near my order.

Keep it up Reaper! We've been patient for almost a year, I'm sure a couple more weeks won't be that dramatic (at least not to me, gives me more time to gather some money for the customs' taxes...)

The countdown ticker updates every 30 seconds... that's like 120 updates / hour... and none has to waste valuable order-picking-time on writing updates meanwhile.

Means enough to me that they are still working hard ... and taking the time to sleep through independence days to get back in full action the day after.

I'm happy with the way it goes now, the more the ticker ticks, the closer we near my order.

Keep it up Reaper! We've been patient for almost a year, I'm sure a couple more weeks won't be that dramatic (at least not to me, gives me more time to gather some money for the customs' taxes...)

Yeah, maybe it costs some time to write and update.

But if you need to "waste" that time anyway (because this information is somewhat available in forum-posts or Kickstarter posts - so someone already "wasted" that time), it really shouldn't add anything severe on that time to make it accessible to all backers (and maybe even save time, because you don't need to reiterate it multiple times).

And while it is nice I know that there is still ongoing progress, I think that affected people deserve to know they get additional delay.

And in that case the counter doesn't really help. From what I have heard it is certainly possible that the counter will simple halt when all non-ROW packages are sent, because it might not be possible to process the ROW packages (if we are lucky the problem doesn't persist long enough, but I wouldn't bet on that). So it could be that that counter does exactly zero for all ROW backers.

Also I don't have a problem with Reaper taking a day holiday off, neither have I have the feeling that they are slacking (nobody can work 24/7). From what I have heard Reaper does a really great work, but I think they could (and should) communicate better with their Kickstarter backers. I will probably not complain when my packing still can't be sent this month, or even next month. But I will complain when there is no accessible information/communication about why that is so.

If RoW isn't shipped next week Reaper should say something, until then the sky is not falling, and no further update is required.

Last update was "we are waiting on the USPS truck", there is no reason to make a change to that until it actually matters; which is really not until "the USPS truck has collected RoW".

In other words demanding to be updated when there is no change from the last update is pointless.

Soon there will only be RoW to ship, so by the end of next week you can expect Reaper to be done, and any hold up to be USPS.

Which will be good as then Reaper can start tackling the issues from the KS and get everything launched to distributors and online in their store. Then they can sit down take a deep breath and start planing KS2 by debriefing about KS1.

• Like 1

Soon there will only be RoW to ship, so by the end of next week you can expect Reaper to be done, and any hold up to be USPS.

What's the over/under on who gets finished shipping first, RoW or Canada?