Bones international orders question re: ticker

Darkmatter

Soon there will only be RoW to ship, so by the end of next week you can expect Reaper to be done, and any hold up to be USPS.

What's the over/under on who gets finished shipping first, RoW or Canada?

My money would be on Row, as there is less bureaucracy. (not much, but a little)

Edit: Especially if the Canadian government is involved.

Edited by Niranth

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as the counter stops from all US-packages, I'm sure they'll take the time to explain what and if there's more delay or not, and with a little luck they meanwhile know how much delay we get.

They've told us we didn't have to expect many news as long as they could ship out the goodies.

Also as long as there's no official update about a possible delay there's still a chance there won't be any delay at all. Maybe the problem (if there is one) solves itself before they reach the ROW-orders...

Last update was "we are waiting on the USPS truck", there is no reason to make a change to that until it actually matters; which is really not until "the USPS truck has collected RoW".

To be fair though that's not been mentioned in a Kickstarter update which is why the question keeps coming up. It's been in the Kickstarter comments and in posts on this forum but not an actual update. The last update about shipping was when they were still waiting for the last container.

EDIT: The last mention of international orders in the updates is from May 6th: "On the bright side, if past performance is any indication, there won't be a huge turnaround time between our receipt of the Bones and shipping them to you. Once we get to your order, our system will send you an email with tracking information for our US customers and a customs confirmation number for our international customers"

Edited by Nocturne
  • Like 1

Soon there will only be RoW to ship, so by the end of next week you can expect Reaper to be done, and any hold up to be USPS.

What's the over/under on who gets finished shipping first, RoW or Canada?

USPS vs. UPS? UPS hates Canada (to be fair, the feeling is mutual). It will definitely be the Rest of the World first. If they had to, Reaper could rent a truck on their own and dump the RoW boxes on the post office steps. Meanwhile, in Canada, UPS actually recalled packages that were en route. Hurray for the few brave bones boxes that dodged the Elmer Fudds trying to drag them back to Texas.

• Like 3

Whilst I understand the reasons why, it does make me sad that my Bones (a 56 unit order) are trapped in the US probably ready to ship, whilst my order of a few paints and other Bones from the Reaper shop shipped with a two day turn around.

I cannot wait to back Bones 2: Electric Boogaloo, but sincerely hope Reaper can eliminate these issues for the next time around.

I am not so sure that Reaper will go with the expensive shipping fee and no customs help.

They have already obtained a broker's license for Canada.

If the USPS problem has to do with the reduction in man power at USPS, then in the future Reaper will know how far in advance that they need to book the truck, or found another way of delivering the mail to the postal sorting plant (someone suggested that they rent a truck and bring it to USPS - not sure how feasible that is).

I also suspect that Reaper will also look at other kickstarters, both successes and failures, to obtain lessons learned there as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put in something similar to the 3D doodler pen folks, where there were limited number of pens available for the first delivery date, and once those filled up, they opened an identical level (same cost and all) but with a later delivery date.

Honestly, an Update either saying they're (truthfully!) chasing up USPS for a date, or an estimated date from USPS for the truck's arrival what they need to do. That way we have an idea roughly when ours should ship, and it'll reassure people thinking like me(I can be the only one out of 2,600 people thinking this) that they do in fact care about the orders outside of North America.

• Like 1

If you've never been fobbed off by a big company with the word "Soon" (even when they said the same thing several weeks before) then you're lucky.

I deal with suppliers and reps on occasion and I have to say that some big companies have a lot of staff that couldn't care less about you, or the person on the other end of the phone has no power to control what you want and is just the messenger (who gets shot at a lot), which they can afford to do if they are the only viable suppliers of certain goods or services, or if they are cheaper by a fair margin. If you're the little guy, you're out of luck. And I'm pretty sure Reaper qualifies as a little guy, despite this one large shipment.

I can certainly see a reason (not a justification) for USPS being such a pain. With all the cut backs, they will be concentrating on their largest customers first before Reaper. Its not necessarily first in, best dressed. Its not fair. It just is what it is.

Bryan is frustrated, and probably quite stressed, and just doesn't know. He doesn't want to guess.

But look on the bright side, if you have a Kaladrax in your order, he should be more likely to have all the right parts :P

If we finish US with no word on ROW from the postal service, we will at that point have room to prestage the orders. We will not return to normal production until all the orders are done as far as we can get them. I speak daily with our uPS rep and the postal service rep, and promise to update as soon as I have news that isn't "no news". Also remember tomorrow is a US holiday and We are taking the day off. We will return to work Friday as normal, and odds are good we will get a weekend crew together.

Jul. 03, 2013 on Reaper Miniatures Bones: An Evolution Of Gaming Miniatures.

(Bryan's update on the KS comments on the 3rd should give some answers for those who missed it.)

Edit: and they are also working all weekend.

Edited by ladystorm

I am not and have not been here to bash the nice folks at Reaper. Far from it actually.

I would like to comment if I may on the question of wether it is appropriate for RoWers to want updates even when the problem (USPS truck) is still the same and unresolved.

I do feel that there is a material difference between (over) eager customers wanting blow by blow updates when the process is ongoing & operating to plan & customers wanting to be updated when an ongoing problem is still derailing the entire process.

W

Edited 'cause I can't spell!

Edited by Heretic

I am not and have not been here to bash the nice folks at Reaper. Far from it actually.

I would like to comment if I may on the question of wether it is appropriate for RoWers to want updates even when the problem (USPS truck) is still the same and unresolved.

I do feel that there is a material difference between (over) eager customers wanting blow by blow updates when the process is ongoing & operating to plan & customers wanting to be updated when an ongoing problem is still derailing the entire process.

W

Edited 'cause I can't spell!

I don't want daily updates of "nothing changed". But there never was an update "ROW has problems"!

Last official announcement is that stuff from China has arrived, and shipment has started and is ongoing. From the official information my package should have long being shipped, being relatively small. So from the easily obtainable information I'm more or less needed to ask Reaper "Where is my order?" or to investigate and see: "Oh, there is a problem - why haven't they told me, then I wouldn't needed to worry about it."

So while I am (and others are) aware of this problem, that doesn't mean there might be a lot more who don't know about - and in my opinion that is the real problem.

• Like 4

Unfortunately, Bryan has said on the Kickstarter comments: "I can comment freely, but Updates go to committee." I don't think they can really take the time to do that at the moment, which is understandable. I really didn't find it too difficult to find the information myself, but I may be a bit more familiar with the forums than people who are new.

I think a topic in the News section probably would have been a good idea instead of posts all around the place, but I doubt that would have solved the issue of everyone wondering where the updates are and people wondering why there aren't updates in the places they want updates. I understand that it must be frustrating for some.

So, if you are someone who wants to go find out what ReaperBryan is posting (and he posts pretty much at least once a day about their situation - we aren't short on news really) you can see the posts he makes on Kickstarter in his profile: http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/reaperbryan/comments

and on the forums by doing this (I guess I could post a link, but... eh... this is a useful thing to know) : Easy way to show last few posts is to.... Use the search box up the top there to search by member and put in his name, click on him in the search results, click on Posts at the bottom of the left hand menu.

To see a whole lotta posts: Use the search box up the top there to search by member and put in his name, click on him in the search results, on the right of the page (above the green box about how much we like Bryan and think he's excellent) hit the find content button. There is a menu on the left where at the bottom is says "Only Posts". Done.

Regardless of what's easier for Reaper, as backers any information about our pledge rewards should be delivered via a medium all backers are guaranteed to see. We shouldn't be forced to go looking ourselves. Take the comment from the 3rd posted above, with Bryan saying he's in daily contact with reps. That's all I wanted to know, but as it was somewhere I was expected to search for it, as opposed to somewhere I'd be alerted of the information's existence, I missed it.

• Like 4

I wouldn't want all those updates coming through my email, but a Kickstarter update stating a single place where you could find other smaller updates with a link to a topic on the News forum probably would be a good solution. That way if you really wanted to see all the info, you could just follow the topic (that should be in the update too) and be alerted whenever there was a change and people would know where to look.

This would (hopefully) solve the problem of being concerned of annoying people via constant updates and provide those who want constant updates with an easy way to get them.

• Like 4