[Reaper Bones]A plea of help from Mother Earth

edwardp

Full disclosure, we are recycle-holics. We try to recycle everything we can.

Anyway, we were dismayed at all the plastic bags this was packaged with. I completely understand that this is necessary for packaging, so not faulting Reaper. However, they all appear to be #4 plastic bags. Bags can't normally be recycled in the normal stream, but here in Boulder, Colorado there is a company that handles harder to recycle items.
http://www.ecocycle.org/

I suspect other cities have similar facilities.

I hope I don't sound all preachy and condescending, that is not my intent. Just want to try and get out a positive, helpful message.

Thanks for listening!
-Ed

• Like 7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed out on this, but will pass the info on to my friend who got his minis today.
He might be feeling enthusiastic enough to get the packaging to Boulder, which may involve passing it to my wife who works there...

But at some point this will waste more energy than it will save.

In the Phoenix area, take the bags to your local grocery store and look for the Bag Central Station bin. All the big grocery store chains (Albersons, Basha's, Food City, Fry's, Sprouts, IGA, Wal-Mart, etc) are participating in this program to recycle plastic bags.

For those outside the Phoenix area, check with your local stores to see if an equivalent program exists in your area.

• Like 2

In the Phoenix area, take the bags to your local grocery store and look for the Bag Central Station bin. All the big grocery store chains (Albersons, Basha's, Food City, Fry's, Sprouts, IGA, Wal-Mart, etc) are participating in this program to recycle plastic bags.

For those outside the Phoenix area, check with your local stores to see if an equivalent program exists in your area.

I didn't realize that this applies to all bags. I have done this with grocery bags, though. Thanks!

Awesome, thank you cloudshaper! I didn't even think about Walmart or Winco, they both do plastic bag recycling in our area, and I'd always assumed it was just grocery bags.

I decided to look up recycling in Idaho (since not a lot of places do it <_< ), and this handy site helps you find what places do recycling for what materials in your area (probably limited to US, but not sure): http://earth911.com/'>earth911.com

I'm a full-blown rogue, personally, but that doesn't mean I mind doing a bit here and there to help out. :) I miss living in Oregon, everything's so easy to recycle there... :down:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot