Sign in to follow this  
Maredudd

Two Questions from a Warlord Newcomer

Proxy the rest of the army with halfling models and call it a day. You could literally do this with any faction.

~v

Proxy the rest of the army with halfling models and call it a day. You could literally do this with any faction.

I could certainly do that, but then the Halfling Beta will never get out of beta! :-)

Yeah, of course you can proxy anything for Halflings and contribute to getting them out of beta as well. :)

(Getting there with my Sisterhood and Necropolis forces...then I just need to get space together to play.)

@ObsidianCrane, That's my medium term goal. I have lots of prepainted plastic minis that I can use untill I can build a set of armies out of Reaper figures. (Not waiting on Bones necessarily)

My immediate goal is to just play so I can learn the rules.

Yeah, playing with a variety of people is key. There are synergies within the rules that are not immediately evident (unless you are some kind of statistical genius...). You may also look at some of the "official" Warlord tournament rules and think "Why was that necessary?"; right up until you see a Demon Daisychain firsthand!

Scouring the old forum and rules posts can also be quite enlightening, if a little dry.

A note about proxy tho: Make sure the models are representative and easily identifiable by both sides. Its pretty annoying to charge into the bunny rabbits on 2 inch bases and then learn they are proxy-trolls.

=-Jake

• Like 1

A note about proxy tho: Make sure the models are representative and easily identifiable by both sides. Its pretty annoying to charge into the bunny rabbits on 2 inch bases and then learn they are proxy-trolls.

=-Jake

"Rabbits! Viscous rabbits with teeth (and claws) this big!" :-D

Yeah. I'll need to pick something representative. Gonna pull out my minis box today and sort through it.

Edited by Maredudd

Well, this past Saturday I ordered Warlord: Savage North and its due to be delivered tomorrow. So while I sit here, waiting for my book to come in, I am overcome by inspiration, or maybe its impatience, and now I can expect Warlord Second Edition will likely arrive Friday or Saturday . . .

That really does make my first question moot . . . ::D:

• Like 1

So Savage North arrived yesterday morning but I couldn't get to it until about bedtime. I'll have to try again when I get home today because my eyes were apparently too tired to read the dark gray text on the light gray background. :-)

Highly addicting game. We went for a few months of it, and are back to Chronopia now. We'll pick up Warlord again with all of the Bones coming in and go crazy.

Hey guys, I am badly out of the loop on this, but having recently gotten a ton of bones and met several potential new players I am dusting off my old Warlord rulebook. I have the original hardcover, have the rules changed much since the move to 2nd edition? Aside from the factions being different, is there much incentive to buy the newer books?

Also, is there a good place to find replacement stat cards? With the bones in hand, I have scores of figures that are cardless and I'm not keen on writing everything out on index cards (especially as I am basically a noob and will be playing with other noobs, so mistakes could be made).

Edited by Rozendoo

Just click on the Reaper Games link above, then Datacards on the side, choose the army you want them for and click search at the bottom. Scroll down and select data cards only then view selection. Viola all tge data cards for the faction.

Hey guys, I am badly out of the loop on this, but having recently gotten a ton of bones and met several potential new players I am dusting off my old Warlord rulebook. I have the original hardcover, have the rules changed much since the move to 2nd edition? Aside from the factions being different, is there much incentive to buy the newer books?

Yes and no. There were some significant changes to the game in 2nd Edition, but the core game mechanics themselves remain the same. The revised version of the game addressed a number of problems that first edition had and, in my opinion, is a superior game. That being said, there is nothing to say that you can't play under the first edition rules if you were happy with them. The datacards that OC pointed out are the second edition versions, so don't try to mix and match them with the first edition cards.

~v