Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Phase Cat

Nice paint up! Reminds me of the movie "The Thing".

"What is it?"

"I don't know but It's weird and it's pissed off"

• Like 2

That looks familiar.

Good job!

Nothing like some friendly competition :blush:

Reapers version of the displacer beast is way better than the D&D prepainted mini I've seen.

What is that inspiration gallery you have stuff posted in? There seems to be multiple places you can post on reaper and I'm not sure what some of them are exactly.

And thank you everybody!!

The use of purple and especially purplish-red at the ends of the tentacles make this look disturbingly organic, kind of like vulture throats.

• Like 2

See where it says "Inspiration Gallery" up at the top of the page, that's it. :)

I mean what exactly is the difference between the inspiration gallery and show off? (I think I posted there by accident once)

See where it says "Inspiration Gallery" up at the top of the page, that's it. :)

I mean what exactly is the difference between the inspiration gallery and show off? (I think I posted there by accident once)

As I understand it, Show Off is a room on the Reaper forums to post threads about minis and work you'd like to show off. Any mini, regardless of manufacturer, is welcome here and any forum member can post here. Other members may comment on the threads. The "like" feature is relatively new on the forums, and is mostly sociable, but is much used here.

The Inspiration Gallery is not on the forums, but it is a part of Reaper's site. It's a database of searchable painted Reaper minis which people can give "thumbs-up" to. You submit your minis, and they are vetted before being put up in the gallery. Not all submissions are accepted, it would seem. Minis can be searched by SKU number, name, and, I believe, by number of ratings. People cannot post comments or discussions.

• Like 1

If you post in Inspiration Gallery, your paint job might also end up on the Reaper Online store, which is awesome.

It may even end up on other retail sites! The fine folks at Reaper got the attribution added for me :) It's pretty weird to think that I'd been painting about 7 months when I did that and it's on a retail site in Deutschland.

• Like 2

Pingo and CW have the differences covered. There are specific things a picture needs to get approved to the Inspiration Gallery beyond "Reaper Mini Only" which a described in the gallery's guidelines.

The other big difference is here you cannot have nudity (forum rules) in the gallery you can. So you can post a mini to the gallery and start a thread about it here once its approved in the gallery rather than organise hosting elsewhere.

• Like 1