Sign in to follow this  
MamaGeek

03321: Damien, Hellborn Wizard

I really like this. The freehand on the back is awesome. Thanks for sharing this.

• Like 1

Wonderful!

You score a definite success on achieving a palette that avoids the expected red/orange.

And it's further proof that Bones figures can/do look great with skillful painting.

I like how you got all those subtle warm colors for his skin / hair / horns (the muted pastel yellows and oranges) to harmonize but still stay distinctive because of the shading and lining. You also did the painted texture on the horns very well.

And then the hot-pink and slate-blue contrasts draw my eye around well. Something about the blue looked out of place (too cold, maybe) when I first saw the photos, but now that I look at length, I'm fine with it.

The freehand on the coat makes me think of Aztec or Mayan ruins, since the tawny leather color reminds me of sandstone and the flaring coat's triangular shape is like a pyramid.

So... if a monster kills this character, is the technical term for it In-Yo-Cide-cide? :blink:

Derek

• Like 3

So... if a monster kills this character, is the technical term for it In-Yo-Cide-cide? :blink:

No.

No it is not.

• Like 1

Thank you, Derek, for the thoughtful feedback. I always appreciate it when you take the time to critique one of my minis. I'm glad I took the time to establish the palette before I started. I chose the blue, because it's the compliment of the skin's base color. Using complimentary colors is something I discovered can really bring life to a miniature.

Even so, I'll leave it to the other competitors...at least until I've spent my credit! (I have too many figures to paint already!)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this