So while perusing my FLGS on my extended lunch break today, I came across a discounted copy of the Warlord Starter Box (1st edition, [2nd printing, I think] w/ a copy of the 2005 CW! Side note, I love the rough feel of the paper in this CW, as opposed to the glossy pages in the newer ones).

So, I picked it up (it didn't indicate it was 1st edition when I bought it, though I had an inkling it was old...), and am wondering how significant the differences are in the rules between 1st and 2nd; and also if there is an errata sheet or update PDF somewhere.

SO, yeah! Now I have a Warlord rulebook, even if it is out of date. I can't wait to play! (OCD insists I paint all figs before fielding them. And paint them well...)

-Dave

The core mechanics are largely the same, but the datacards, faction abilities, spells, etc have changed pretty drastically. You will need a 2nd edition book if you want to play 2nd.

~v

You can totally play 1st ed to get a feel for the basic mechanics. There are major differences between the editions that you will be able to tell. If you bought the core game that came with twenty figures then the miniatures alone made it a great deal. Eventually you'll want to buy the new edition.

You can totally play 1st ed to get a feel for the basic mechanics. There are major differences between the editions that you will be able to tell. If you bought the core game that came with twenty figures then the miniatures alone made it a great deal. Eventually you'll want to buy the new edition.

Yeah, it's 22 figs with the 1st rulebook (and I'm happy with the pricepoint on the mini's, so the book's just bonus!).

-Dave

Yeah, it's 22 figs with the 1st rulebook (and I'm happy with the pricepoint on the mini's, so the book's just bonus!).

-Dave

Those figures retail for more than the MSRP of $75 that set initially sold for.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.