Sign in to follow this  
Baphomet69

Request for a minute of Reaper's time

Yeah, this probably could/should have gone in one of the deep, dark sub-forums since it touches on Warlord and Bones and Kickstarter, but really, I think it's more important than that.

With the imminent finale of the Bones KS (and believe me, I'm obviously going to be one of the last to get shipped - though I'm perfectly fine with that), I think it's time we seriously start talking about the future. Both fans and company folks together, not just you guys behind closed doors.

It was made abundantly clear by the fans during the first KS that many folks want to see not only a reprint/rebirth of Warlord but also the Warlord factions released as Bones. Given recent events with GW, the obvious frothing hordes of devout followers Reaper has and the price-point of Bones, I think this really is the time. The forge is hot, strike with a new KS for Warlord. Combine a complete re-do of the rules with the factions released as Bones. I can't guarantee that it will pull another 4+ Million, but you and I know it would really take off.

The timing, social media environment and fan base are perfect at the moment to make Warlord what it always should have/could have been!

And if that doesn't work, how about guilt? I've now waited nearly a year for my KS figgies. And I'm on here pleading with you for the next. What does that say about your fan base?!

Up the Bones! Up the Warlord! To arms! To arms! And UP THE IRONS!

• Like 7

Somebody may need to revive Bryan.

I can almost hear him fall into a puddle of quivering goo from here....

If Reaper does another Bones KS, I hope they time it to run from about mid December to mid January.

A warlord KS would be fine with me, but I don't see a real need to redo the rules. Maybe polish and fancy up the presentation. I'd love to see a box set for each faction that had a core force in Bones, a fluff and army book and a basic no frills rule book.

If Reaper does another Bones KS, I hope they time it to run from about mid December to mid January.

A warlord KS would be fine with me, but I don't see a real need to redo the rules. Maybe polish and fancy up the presentation. I'd love to see a box set for each faction that had a core force in Bones, a fluff and army book and a basic no frills rule book.

This plus 100! I have been wanting to do warlord pretty bad so I would definitely be in. Mousling bones set as a stretch goal please!

Well, that's kinda what I was picturing...

Oh, and... Spill the blood! Summon the Bryan!

Oooooh....I would totally be in for that. I could have so many Warlord forces that I could....sit on a shelf and not paint and look forlornly at wishing I had someone to play with on a regular basis. :down:

But more minis is always good, right?

• Like 2

I supported the kickstarter because it was such a phenomenal deal, and then found out that a lot of the minis were Warlord models. So I picked up a copy of the ver. 2 rule book; my FLGS doesn't have the Savage North book yet, but it's on order. It'll be a few weeks, I know. And I've been poring over the models to figure out the best proxies, and what metal minis (and Bones that I regretfully didn't buy as add-ons) I'll need to complete a few armies. Fortunately, my FLGS is getting an Undertaker, hopefully before August. I'll need more copies of some of the soldier types, and a few of the minis that can proxy into different armies, with the appropriate paint jobs.

I normally use the minis for role playing games, but I'm pretty psyched to recruit a few of my gamer buddies who could never afford some of the other army battle games, and start playing Warlord.

Firstly: Yes to a Warlord KS.

For me as an existing player I would like the KS to produce a revised 2E rulebook, updating rules to accommodate any FAQ and errata that the initial 2E release sparked. Plus make general improvements to the book (such as getting the "how to paint" section in it). Then the models can focus on the soldiers, elites and large (and bigger) solos.

Of course in addition to Warlord stuff I'd love to see a setting book developed for use with RPGs with supplemental rules for say Savage Worlds and Pathfinder.

I am not a player, but would be interested anyway.

Holiday season would be a really bad time to run it, though.

Edit: Damned autocorrect...

Edited by Last Knight

Hi Folks!

I'm new to Warlord but still throw in +1 for a KS for it!

In looking around I see that at one time Reaper published playing card sized Data Cards for the factions but it looks like they are not currently available. Perchance new data cards could be included in the pile of KS goodies.

Last knight - why do you think Holiday time would be a bad time to run it?

Here's a timeline that I think would work well:

Early December - announce intentions with vague hints.

Mid December - give more details.

Late December - KS goes live.

Late Jan - KS ends.

Sept - fulfillment begins.

This gives people a heads up so they can ask for cash for Christmas, and then capitalizes on people spending Christmas money on the KS.

Furthermore, it puts fulfillment outside Reaper's major Con season.

And also, for many industries, the weeks following Christmas are a slow period meaning people watching the KS won't lose nearly as much productivity.

The end of the year with the Kickstarter ending in January is the best time to run it from a tax perspective. You get to utilize all the money you receive up front and can get a good portion of it written off as you reinvest it in the business.

• Like 1