Baphomet69

Request for a minute of Reaper's time

The end of the year with the Kickstarter ending in January is the best time to run it from a tax perspective. You get to utilize all the money you receive up front and can get a good portion of it written off as you reinvest it in the business.

Doh! That was part of my reasoning, too and I totally forgot to mention it. Thanks Heisler.

I own great heaps of Warlord metal and I would gleefully bid on any Warlord KS! The game is fantastic. Polish it up (get rid of Damage Reduction!) and it's ready to go.

Sorry about the Damage Reduction dig. Had to be done.

• Like 2

My main argument, Kristof, is that doing it around the holidays leaves less disposable cash for people who might be interested. I'm not dropping money on myself at that time of year.

• Like 1

One thing that should come out of such a KS is a pdf copy of the rules.

I can also see funding an AP like the one Privateer has for Warmachine & Hordes, where you get a selection of data cards free but to get the full army list you need to buy the whole set of cards for the force.

• Like 1

I can also see funding an AP like the one Privateer has for Warmachine & Hordes, where you get a selection of data cards free but to get the full army list you need to buy the whole set of cards for the force.

This would definitely entice me to support . . . and depending on the price of the full set of cards, I'd spring for that.

This would definitely entice me to support . . . and depending on the price of the full set of cards, I'd spring for that.

I picked up a 1st edition boxed set that had data cards; I concur that new updated ones would be awesome to have. I would definitely be in on a Warlord KS (w/ CAV stretch goals please?!).

-Dave

My main argument, Kristof, is that doing it around the holidays leaves less disposable cash for people who might be interested. I'm not dropping money on myself at that time of year.

Fair enough. In my case, typically right after the holidays we have more disposable cash, as both my wife and I's families have resorted more to cash as gifts for the adults and older kids. Many of my friends families are the same way.

I wonder what the ratio of gamers in your situation versus mine is?

Hard to say; I know my family sees giving cash/ gift cards as gauche (although I have no problem with receiving either), but I have friends who are different. I do, generally, hear a lot of complaints around the holidays of people being cash strapped.

Well there isn't a major "re-do" of the rules required, but there is an opportunity presented to clean them up so current errata and FAQs are addressed in the rules. Get full colour, improve diagrams etc, put the 8 most evocative factions in 1 book, that sort of stuff.

Of course if there was just 8 factions getting people to agree on the 8 most evocative factions could be a challenge. ;)

You can get anything you need from the datacards off the army builder site. The printed ones were pretty, but kind of useless during an actual game. Last thing I want is a card for every figure in my army spread all down the side of the table. A printed army sheet is much easier to game off of.

You can get anything you need from the datacards off the army builder site. The printed ones were pretty, but kind of useless during an actual game. Last thing I want is a card for every figure in my army spread all down the side of the table. A printed army sheet is much easier to game off of.

I can see how having cards for all figures on the table would be cumbersome but I, for one, would still like a set of data cards. Now, once I actually figure out how to play Warlord I might change my mind, but somehow I doubt it . . . :-)

Additionally, having recently found the site you speak of, it is very interesting and I am beginning to play with it, and it is helping me understand how to put things together, but I would prefer not to be tied to the computer and internet to build army concepts. I am certain that works well for many, and push come to shove I would make do, but I like holding a thing in my hands and being able to read it without the glow of the monitor behind it . . . thats why I like the idea of the cards. I don't need one for each figure on the field of battle; I would like one for each faction figure available so that I can mull over them and contemplate how they fit into the army concept of the moment.

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 2

Honestly the number of issues with the game are only a small handful which a FAQ can quietly and easily handle. Rewriting to incorporate a FAQ that addresses less than 5 issues is a bit silly. If you rewriting go big or go home. If one were to rewrite then I can think of my biggest pet peeves with this game. Move to a 2d6 mechanic, Defensive strikes/shots shouldn't be as effective/numerous as the active troop's attacks, ranged attack mechanic needs fixing, fix ranges and movement, and improve the defensive magic/dispel mechanic. That is my short list but that will never get addressed. They are happy with the game as is so cool.

Hmm, wow. a 2d6 move would change a lot of tactics. Talk about nail-biting. Can I make the charge to that row of archers?

Lesser Defensive Strikes sounds like a move back to 1st Ed to me. I fielded entire armies of Warmaster ability to get around that. But I can see where you're coming from. Active player gets an advantage. Makes that card flip in your favor really important!

What's the problem in your opinion with the ranged attack rules? I don't field many archers so I don't see it.

I understand wanting to favor the aggressor. The mechanic handles this by the attacker getting all of the models in position and stacking the odds with numbers and reach attacks, plus all of the other things like spells. 2d6? I don't know if the bell curve would improve the game, but I do think that the archers getting defensive shots is a little wonky. It seems like you would never shoot at the archers to give them additional attacks. The way to resolve this would be to have a wait action, or hold, where they can shoot later, but as it stands, it's not a deal breaker for me.