Bones You'd Like to See, thread #2

I would like to add my vote for the following

• Troop add-ons. I like having a handful of goblins, kobolds and orcs. I'd like to have the same for gnolls, lizard men (I did buy two additional swamp things packs) and generic town guard types.
  • General animals; frogs, bears, lions, badgers, and the like. Think druid transforms or pets.
  • Mounts and mounted folks would be nice as an add-on, maybe not so much as part of the core box.
  • Western style characters from the chronoscope line.
  • Using the translucent plastic for some spell effects like various elemental walls would be great.
  • Dragonpeople. Parties I run with almost always have a draconic character. Get a male and female pair of fighters, and a pair of wizard looking heroes in the mix, please.

Maybe not for the kickstarter, but I would love to see some weapon/hand and head sprues since the bonesium is easy to modify. Having the sprue weapons made of a firmer plastic as mentioned earlier in the thread would be pretty awesome too.

• Like 3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the sprue weapons made of a firmer plastic as mentioned earlier in the thread would be pretty awesome too.

Theres a bunch of pewter weapon sprues already, would those not work?

Yes, but not as well.

Lots of people say how easy is is to glue Bones - that superglue sticks the parts together with a very strong bond. Well, that may be true of the Bones material, but not of whatever else you stick to it. So the glue may hold on to the Bones, but not as well to a metal (or styrene, for that matter) add-on part.

Second, when you take a nice lightweight plastic model and stick a big piece of metal onto it, it sets it off balance. That means more tendency to fall over, but the weird shift in the center of gravity makes me tend to drop them more often.

Both of these things can be fixed to some degree by weighting the base for it to stand up, but the more work you do to add more metal, the more you're defeating the purpose of Bones, IMO.

- H8

• Like 1

treant

*Edit II* And a shambling mound.

Speaking of plant monsters, some of the following would be excellent:

* A patch of Assasin Vine

* Giant Fly Trap (Audry!)

* Fungi creatures, e.g. Cerebric Fungus, Phantom Fungus, Violet Fungus, Shrieker

* Moonflower

* Myceloid

* Vampire Rose bush

* Vegipygmies

* Viper Vine

* Xtabay patch

* Yellow Musk Creeper and Yellow Musk Creeper Zombie.

Yes, the monsters from Expedition to Barrier Peaks please!

• Like 1

I'd like to see:

* More halflings, gnomes, and dwarves! The kickstarter only had eight of these in total. Eight! Out of 241 figures!

* More animals / familiars. Reaper produces at least a dozen 'familiar' creature packs in metal - let's see some more of them in bones (but don't neglect big animals)

* More translucents, such as water/ice and air elementals, and more spell effects like elemental walls, ring of fire, force cage.

* Cavalry, with riders of all shapes and sizes (including haflings, gnomes, and dwarves!)

* More halflings and gnomes

* More monsters. Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head. And big ones. Common ones, unusual ones, dragons, plant monsters, lions, tigers, and bears.

* More dwarves

* Scenery, furniture, dungeon dressings, etc.. Such as doors, chests, terrain features, tables and chairs, weapon/armor racks, piles of treasure/bones/etc.

• Like 3

I have a game I'd like to play with my friends here that requires a lot of dire type animals. I'd Extra-specially love to see that nice Dire Crocodile. But all dire animals and animals in general would be nice. One is a giant, flightless bird like an ostrich or cassowary. I'd love a giant dangerous bird. Like the Axebeak, apparently. I'd love one :) Or three. Something large enough to ride though.

Edited by backdraft
  • Like 1

I would like to see in this ks

-Fantasy and modern/scifi/western/anythingwithguns in different boxes (I hate em guns!)

-more communication

-the last orks from tre and afew other ones that "complete" the sets from ks 1

-translucents.

-animals! Lions and tigers and bears oh my!

-monsters & dragons!

Also I think sendin row first wouldn't be a bad move (I'm in Canada)

Also gnolls & dark elves

-Fantasy and modern/scifi/western/anythingwithguns in different boxes (I hate em guns!)

-more communication

-translucents.

-monsters & dragons!

Also gnolls & dark elves

Dark elves are easy. Just paint a regular elf with ebony skin

-more communication

-translucents.

-monsters & dragons!

Also gnolls & dark elves

Dark elves are easy. Just paint a regular elf with ebony skin

Vice versa works pretty much the same. Other than driders, they all go into the same bucket.

• Like 1