Bones You'd Like to See, thread #2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Chairs, Doors, Crates, beds... maybe some kind of dinner plate with a chicken on it... a bowl of soup, and maybe another character with with tiny wings it's back. I'd rather go with reaper bones, than the heavy alternatives. Maybe a pie. Is it weird that I am wondering about inanimate objects?

Maybe an old school style zombie, with the arms full out, a menacing skeleton with a ripped cloak.

• Like 2

I would like to see Chairs, Doors, Crates, beds... maybe some kind of dinner plate with a chicken on it... a bowl of soup, and maybe another character with with tiny wings it's back. I'd rather go with reaper bones, than the heavy alternatives. Maybe a pie. Is it weird that I am wondering about inanimate objects?

Maybe an old school style zombie, with the arms full out, a menacing skeleton with a ripped cloak.

Too bad you missed out on this Kickstarter. Scroll down the entire page for all the add-ons. As an example, one of the add-ons was this one for $3:

"A set of tableware suitable for serving adventurers in a tavern.

Set Contains:

3 pitchers

3 tankards

3 Goblets

3 empty plates

3 plates with a roast chicken"

They're unpainted, so you'd have to provide the picture of the chicken on the plates...

Edited by jlblack
  • Like 1

Too bad you missed out on this Kickstarter. Scroll down the entire page for all the add-ons. As an example, one of the add-ons was this one for $3:

Set Contains:

3 pitchers

3 tankards

3 Goblets

3 empty plates

They're unpainted, so you'd have to provide the picture of the chicken on the plates...

Yeah. This is one of the reasons I'm not that huge on stuff like boxes and barrels and the like - you can already get cast terrain for pretty cheap anyways, plastic castings only have the advantage of being lighter-weight, and maybe a little durable.

Set Contains:

3 pitchers

3 tankards

3 Goblets

3 empty plates

Yeah. This is one of the reasons I'm not that huge on stuff like boxes and barrels and the like - you can already get cast terrain for pretty cheap anyways, plastic castings only have the advantage of being lighter-weight, and maybe a little durable.

I don't know if I'd ever have need for stuff like that, but I was very, very tempted to support that KS when it was running. One of the primary reasons I didn't was in anticipation of a possible second Reaper Kickstarter later this year. If Reaper includes even more of its own dungeon dressing in the next KS, I'm definitely getting any such add-ons.

:down: Man, I wish I'd known about this, those kits would have been PERFECT.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Well, while you can't get the kinds of deals the KS gave, they do sell them on their website. Or they will, I imagine; I think they're still fulfilling rewards for those who pledged, so a lot of stuff isn't up for general sale yet.

• Like 1

Traditional Centaurs. Horse bodies and human torso. Maybe some variants where the body is a Clydesdale and a Barbarian torso for an epic champion. :)

And please, for the love of heaven, let the female centaurs be sensibly clothed!

I say go both ways on this. I see (at least) two tropes regarding centaurs; the woodsy barbarian type (nude, ala some tribes in Africa and South America today) and the more cultured "civilised" (clothed) centaurs. I'd like to see both.

-Dave

• Like 2

I had to pick between clothed and nakid, I vote with clothes or armor. It wouldn't bother me at all if they were kit style. It might be a cool testing ground. The base kit is the horse bodies in different poses. Say a blister of 3 or 5. Then there are 4 or 5 different blisters of torsos, each with the same number of torsos that the base kit of horse bodies has. The torso blisters could be different styles, natural and nakid, basic leathers with simple weapons, advanced armor and weapons variations would be fantastic. Heck, one of the "torso" blisters could be just horse heads with riding gear.

The BONES line was and is mostly designed to be playable figures out of the blister with little to no assembly. But there are exceptions and most gamers aren't opposed to some assembly, especially if it's just two or three parts.

• Like 1

Traditional Centaurs. Horse bodies and human torso. Maybe some variants where the body is a Clydesdale and a Barbarian torso for an epic champion. :)

And please, for the love of heaven, let the female centaurs be sensibly clothed!

Wait... what does sensibly-clothed entail on a centaur? I'm usually all for avoiding unnecessary sexualization of female minis, but the vast majority of interpretations of centaurs that I've seen have them all going around naked all the time. This seems like one of the most sensible opportunities for shirtless women. Especially if they aren't overtly sexualized, just naked. And preferably posed in such a way that indicates that they're ready for battle, not, uh, horseplay.

• Like 2

Wait... what does sensibly-clothed entail on a centaur? I'm usually all for avoiding unnecessary sexualization of female minis, but the vast majority of interpretations of centaurs that I've seen have them all going around naked all the time. This seems like one of the most sensible opportunities for shirtless women. Especially if they aren't overtly sexualized, just naked. And preferably posed in such a way that indicates that they're ready for battle, not, uh, horseplay.

I don't know, centaurs are known for being warrior-like. Most depictions I've seen are of male centaurs in armor. It would be fitting to have similar for females, though honestly I'd love a variety of centaurs (some warriors, some not).

• Like 3

I don't know, centaurs are known for being warrior-like. Most depictions I've seen are of male centaurs in armor. It would be fitting to have similar for females, though honestly I'd love a variety of centaurs (some warriors, some not).

Really? Because almost every single depiction of a centaur I've seen, and could find, is sans clothing. Maybe a brace to hold weapons, but that's rare, and that's it.

• Like 1