Bones You'd Like to See, thread #2

Traditional Centaurs. Horse bodies and human torso. Maybe some variants where the body is a Clydesdale and a Barbarian torso for an epic champion. :)

And please, for the love of heaven, let the female centaurs be sensibly clothed!

Wait... what does sensibly-clothed entail on a centaur? I'm usually all for avoiding unnecessary sexualization of female minis, but the vast majority of interpretations of centaurs that I've seen have them all going around naked all the time. This seems like one of the most sensible opportunities for shirtless women. Especially if they aren't overtly sexualized, just naked. And preferably posed in such a way that indicates that they're ready for battle, not, uh, horseplay.

I don't know, centaurs are known for being warrior-like. Most depictions I've seen are of male centaurs in armor. It would be fitting to have similar for females, though honestly I'd love a variety of centaurs (some warriors, some not).

I agree with those pointing to a clothing-optional historical precedent for centaurs, but, for that very reason, a Centaur warrior in heavy plate armor (and matching barding) would be both cool and unusual. Heck, let's do two: male and female, then everybody wins!

• Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with those pointing to a clothing-optional historical precedent for centaurs, but, for that very reason, a Centaur warrior in heavy plate armor (and matching barding) would be both cool and unusual. Heck, let's do two: male and female, then everybody wins!

Mythologically, I think centaurs have always been portrayed as being fairly barbaric/animalistic, so clothing probably doesn't make sense for them unless it serves a practical purpose (e.g., armor). Though I'm generally against the "nudity is bad" camp, so if there's a bias at least I'll admit it. ::P:

That said, I'd like to see centaurs that are either in tribal gear (leather, bones, wood, etc.) or fully-armored knights. Centaur dragoons would be awesome!

• Like 1

Since the next KS has been announced, here's my perennial 'Top 10 (12?)' again:

The rest of the translucent elementals (blue, green or blue/green water, clear air) in varying sizes

Clear translucent PC figures (to represent invisible), and a clear invisible stalker while we're at it

The rest of the classic giant types, especially grunts in multiple poses

Anhurian and other men-at-arms/grunts

More townsfolk

Warlord. Lots and lots more Warlord

Mounted figures. Some configuration that would allow mounted/dismounted versions would be ideal

Molds, jellies, etc. in various translucent colors

Cadirith, Colossal Spider

More iconic (not in the Pathfinder Iconic way) dungeon monsters

More normal and dire animals

More Chronoscope (personal preference for Shadowrunesque figs like the cyber-troll)

• Like 3

I think this is my first 'Bones I'd like to see' post...

All but three of the Pathfinder Iconics from the Pathfinder Adventures Card Game Core Box and Character Add-On are featured in Bones. The three that aren't:

60004: Harsk, Iconic Male Dwarf Ranger

60020: Lini, Iconic Gnome Druid and Droogami, Snow Leopard

60016: Sajan, Iconic Monk

• Like 3

Cadirith would never work. Those legs would never hold up the body in bones rubber. Now, if Reaper started using a harder resin/plastic like most other companies do, that would be doable.

You clearly didn't get not-Lolth from the first KS whose legs are an entirely different and more rigid plastic than the usual Bones. Bring on the huge spider, I'll certainly want at least 1.

• Like 5

Not only that, I think Cadirith's legs are more than robust enough for Bones. (Though personally, I really don't think Lolth's legs were a different mix, ReaperPeeps would have to comment to convince me of that).

They were definately not the same kind of bonesium. They are not the same color, texture or bendability. They were closer to wyrmgears wings material.

On the wish list subject;

Zombie Ogre/Hill Giant (aka Zombie Hulk)

Looking at 4E DnD or NWN MMO miniatures that can stand in for;

Foulspawn Berserker

Foulspawn Hulk

Various other Foulspawn.

Cyclops Warrior

Cyclops Evil Shaman/Cleric/Druid/Wizard

Other things

Ogre Pirate (because....)

Ogre Knight (also because...)

Everything not already in Bones that comes up on a search of the Devil tag. :)

• Like 2