Bones You'd Like to See, thread #2

I will post this in more than one place since the Kickstarter is over.

I would real like to see some new minis with nonstandard racial and physical features. Now since thwy are small and in painted this may often be restricted to hair texture and body type. But as a black gamer it would be nice to see some minis with naturals, or cornrows or flat tops taller skinny or short round body types or armore/equipment with non standard cultural influences. A fighter in full plate with a flat top and a Zulu inspired shield for example would be great. Just a thought I know the mythology is mostly European and so are the customers but a little diversity never hurts.

I second the request. Leo and Diane Dillon painted a myriad of fantasy novel covers which featured strong, wonderful black characters. Some African-inspired identifiably black fantasy characters would be most welcome.

I would like to see magic users based on African mythology such as Anansi the spider or Eshu the messenger or Anynanwu the sun goddess. Or, well, fantasy versions because thinking about it you don't want to be insensitive. But identifiably African. 28mm scale is not too small for recognizable features and details.

I would love this so much! Right now the only ones I've seen have been... less than tasteful. That's the polite way to put it.

There's so many awesome cultures in the world to draw influence from, it's sad that most of our fantasy art is drawn from European, though more recently Eastern Asian. I would like to see some based on Anicent Meso American cultures also. As well as being good for gaming, they'd make awesome gifts for my mommy ^_^ (she's an anthropologist, totally obsessed with ancient Americas)

I like the basic idea here, we need more tribals. "Barbarians" if you will, but a more varied group than the barrel-chested heavy hitters we usually see prancing around in loincloths.

Running a winter campaign, I also find myself frustrated at the lack of fur-clad "normal" characters, give me a sorcerer with a fur-lined robe and heavy boots, a cleric in padded vestments, and an archer with a scarf. Then some eskimos with harpoons to back them up or oppose them. Call the pack "Fur is Murder", I dare you.

For the Pathfinder scenarios set in alt-Africa, I'd like some spearmen with madu-shields, and a Bonesified version of Reapers metal Voodoo doctor.

Maybe some variation on the theme of Mongols from the medieval period when the Golden Horde rode (the "Khan-age"? Cheesy enough?)

• Like 4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know i've said it before, but I would love to see Kyra and lavarath. ...and honestly, something akin to the "Bladeling" (preferrably a female monk) since that's my best character right now...level something-teen striker, and does a ton of damage (second only to my barbarian)

I would love this so much! Right now the only ones I've seen have been... less than tasteful. That's the polite way to put it.

There's so many awesome cultures in the world to draw influence from, it's sad that most of our fantasy art is drawn from European, though more recently Eastern Asian. I would like to see some based on Anicent Meso American cultures also. As well as being good for gaming, they'd make awesome gifts for my mommy ^_^ (she's an anthropologist, totally obsessed with ancient Americas)

I like the basic idea here, we need more tribals. "Barbarians" if you will, but a more varied group than the barrel-chested heavy hitters we usually see prancing around in loincloths.

Running a winter campaign, I also find myself frustrated at the lack of fur-clad "normal" characters, give me a sorcerer with a fur-lined robe and heavy boots, a cleric in padded vestments, and an archer with a scarf. Then some eskimos with harpoons to back them up or oppose them. Call the pack "Fur is Murder", I dare you.

For the Pathfinder scenarios set in alt-Africa, I'd like some spearmen with madu-shields, and a Bonesified version of Reapers metal Voodoo doctor.

Maybe some variation on the theme of Mongols from the medieval period when the Golden Horde rode (the "Khan-age"? Cheesy enough?)

I second (third, whatever) the notion of Khan-age mongolian characters, both mounted, and on foot. I would very much like to see more sculpts in that style.

Edited by klarg1

Got another one: More vermin! You can never have too much vermin.

1) giant ants, fits on 25mm base.

2) giant beetle, fits on 50mm base

Yeah, the exterminators need gainful employment.

How about a swarm of maggots? I can think of a few nasty uses for those. *puke emote*

• Like 3

Got another one: More vermin! You can never have too much vermin.

1) giant ants, fits on 25mm base.

2) giant beetle, fits on 50mm base

Yeah, the exterminators need gainful employment.

How about a swarm of maggots?

Yes, I really like Otherworld Miniatures' giant ants and most of their other minis but they are quite expensive!

• Like 1

Hmmm, an example that I think unlikely to see the light of day - a Bones version of the 2004 Christmas Sophie:

01409_G.jpg

Suitable for a winter themed undead/demonic army....

The Auld Grump

Or just the sleigh would be sufficent for me ^_^ Plus your skeletal reindeer

I keep wanting to put an "s" at the end of reindeer, even though I know it's wrong...

• Like 1

I'd like to see some Dragonborn or Reptus soldiers done in bones so I could accumulate a small force without breaking the bank. Thanks.

yes, please! and female dragonborn/reptus... the kind with boobs

As much as I like boobs ( ::D: ), I find it exceedingly strange when they're on non-mammalian creatures... :wacko:

That said, I'd like to see more Reptus as well. They're like upscaled lizardmen. "Lizardmen+"?