Bones You'd Like to See, thread #2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Non-human undead!

Zombie goblins!   Skeletal orcs!   Mummified dwarfs!       Any combination of those sorts of things, especially for people building undead armies, affordable undead that appear to be of races other than humans can help add variety and interest to the troops.

After all, when the necromancer kills the dwarven army...   he's not going to just leave the dead dwarfs to go to waste.

• Like 5

Non-human undead!

Zombie goblins!   Skeletal orcs!   Mummified dwarfs!       Any combination of those sorts of things, especially for people building undead armies, affordable undead that appear to be of races other than humans can help add variety and interest to the troops.

After all, when the necromancer kills the dwarven army...   he's not going to just leave the dead dwarfs to go to waste.

The more i think of this, the more I like the general idea, but I wouldn't limit it to humanoids.

Aside from dragon skeletons and the occasional skeleton horse, there are very few undead creatures that aren't humanoid based.

Skeleton big cats, skeleton wolves, skeleton stags, skeleton sharks (only a bony jaw without the cartilage body?), skeleton elephants (trunkless) are not something I recall seeing. Even traditional fossilized dinosaur skeletons are missing from Reaper's catalogue.

• Like 4

Non-human undead!

The more i think of this, the more I like the general idea, but I wouldn't limit it to humanoids.

Aside from dragon skeletons and the occasional skeleton horse, there are very few undead creatures that aren't humanoid based.

Skeleton big cats, skeleton wolves, skeleton stags, skeleton sharks (only a bony jaw without the cartilage body?), skeleton elephants (trunkless) are not something I recall seeing. Even traditional fossilized dinosaur skeletons are missing from Reaper's catalogue.

Exactly!

Don't forget the zombie options... a zombie shark, a dolphin that's got a huge chunk bitten out by a shark...    Semi-skeletal zombies of various animals, which may be better to make in bones than full skeletons, giving a more solid structure...  Like the deer who's got most of the flesh missing off of it's head, haunches... ribcage showing, flaps of hide hanging...  There's a vast range of possible ideas.     An undead Owlbear.  Undead Centaurs.  Zombie dogs/wolves..  lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Necromantic magic leaves nothing to waste.       It's a very efficient method of recycling.

Granted, I focused on the humanoid sort of undead on the premise of army building.    That's likely to be a direction that there will be a bit bigger demand, but I could be wrong.  

• Like 3

Undead Centaurs.

All of a sudden, kitbashing a skeleton horse with a regular skeleton could give a viable skeletal centaur if the humanoid skeleton is proportionally big enough.

And a skeletal horse head on a humanoid body would also be interestingly creepy.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

Not-Thundarr the Barbarian, Not-Princess Arial the Sorceress, and Not-Ookla the Mok.  All in mounted and unmounted versions.  Also a crazy two faced tech wizard.  For lack of a better name we'll call him Gemini.

I can't believe I just thought to put these in here.  They would be amazing for both fantasy and post-apocalyptic (Numenera, Gamma World, Deadlands Hell on Earth, etc.).

• Like 5

I'd like to see the Box Of Bones In Bones.

Reaper's made plenty of skull sprues, skeletal bits, and so on. I'd like to see a ten dollar blister filled with nothing but skelly bits and skulls. They're useful for basing. About every decade, I used to go out and buy a plastic GW skellies box from Warhammer for just that purpose... but lately, the price has gotten prohibitive.

A blister of Bones bones would get my money.

• Like 7