Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #2

Any case of a cauldron? Descent 2nd edition's "Forgotten Souls" uses a cauldron in one of its "boss" rooms. Pathfinder's Dungeons Deep set has a prepaint, but Miniature Market wants nine bucks for it! 

Dungeons Deep also has a prepainted Dire Boar, which is useful instead of that bland dull Snort board token in the D&D Adventure Game, Wrath of Ashardalon. MM only wants four bucks for it. :P I'd rather get a copy in Bones! 

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

Some lil' hoverdrones that DON'T cost 6GBP for four. Not mentioning any Gates of Antares here, but if I DID, I would subtly indicate that I'm talking about Gates of Antares. 4 head-swap sized drones. 6GBP. What are they made of, cocaine????

• Like 2

I've probably mentioned it before, but I'd definitely like to see some more non-European characters, of both sexes. Especially Middle Eastern and African models.

• Like 9

Well since we have confirmed weapon sprues in bones, I want to see HELMET sprues. Way too few minis have their helmets on them and I'd like an easy and cheap way to correct that!

• Like 4

colored spell effects could be useful.  wall of force, something not the same as bigby's hand spells or a floating disk  so many options for spells that stick around for a while.

• Like 1

Hey I can actually add to this thread. Future Bone I'd like to see

Stirges!

Existing metal to Bones or a all new single one, cause you never send just 1 or 2 of these "suckers" at a party!

• Like 3

[MOD] REMOVED ANIMATED GIF [/MOD]

I want BONES Giant Turkeys to match my desire for "real-size" BONES velociraptors...

Maybe really, REALLY giant turkeys, the size of a flying battleship? ::o:::D:

Might be too late for this Kickstarter, but perhaps in a future one:

Someone had suggested a "not-Freddy Kreuger" - and I thought it sounded like a fun idea, and suggested expanding it to be part of a set of a (perhaps Steampunk Wild West?) Bones Bogeymen... a "not-Freddy" with a cowboy hat and boots and some sort of deadly contraption on his hand, a "not-Jason" with a duster and wooden mask and a machete, a "not-Michael (The Shape)" with a creepy blank mask and big knife, a "not-Leatherface" with a dead skin mask and hillbilly outfit and steampunk chainsaw, and an old man with a HOOKED HAND!... a pack of creepy villains that are dressed generically enough to work in a modern setting and and the Weird West, Chronoscope, Call of Cthulhu, Fantasy - generally, they could fit in with almost any of the settings Reaper is making Bones for.

With that wonderful Dwarf court and pack of Dwarf heroes in this set as well as the excellent Dwarves in the earlier sets as well as those great Derros from Bones II, I'm still pulling for some nice set of heroic and townsfolk Bones to populate some Gnome/Svirfneblin and Hobbit villages.

There's been some vocal detractors on the arsenal packs in this Kickstarter, but I'm a big fan of them, and hope they've been successful enough to see more such equipment/gear/accessory packs in the future... tools (picks, hammers, wood-chopping axes, shovels, picks, wrenches, and that sort of thing), magical gear (crystal balls, spellbooks, wands, staves, etc.), tavern stuff (mugs and steins, musical instruments, a giant turkey leg with a bite taken out), improvised weapons (pry bars, butcher knives, meat cleavers, wooden clubs, bats with nails driven through them...), guns (Weird West, modern, sci-fi), backpacks, and of course more fantasy weapons are always useful!

I actually like the Were-Gorilla and the Yetis - I could find multiple uses for them, and I'd certainly order any cave-men, ape-men, not-Tarzans, generic restless natives and cannibal savages, and so on that Reaper produces... they're staples of fantasy ranging from the original Conan stories and Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan, Pallucidor, and John Carter on Mars stories, through the Indiana Jones movies, to King Kong, to the occasional Lovecraft circle story and CoC adventure, and beyond. Seems like there's been more than one request for Dinosaurs... maybe include these guys as part of a "Lost World" expansion of a future Bones Kickstarter, and toss in some jungle ruin scenery items (totem poles, tiki carvings, jungle altars, etc.) and dire animals (sabre-tooth tigers, were-bears, etc.)?

The "Eastern Legends" minis are fantastic, and I'm also all for seeing "exotic" fantasy heroic, villain, and townsfolk types from non-Western (or at least faux-non-Western) fantasy traditions... Samurai warriors, Sinbad and Arabian Nights adventurers, Yokai monsters, Bunyips and Wendigo, and so on.

In any case, I've been enjoying the Kickstarters, Reaper - great job on all of them, and I've been excited by all the reveals :)

• Like 1