Gaming gear/props at your table

Shogun

*creepy theramin music*

that guy is magic, The last 45 secs are crazy!

@Girot sounds like a super fun night, next game a new house rule "no guns at the table" :p I'm going to use the YouTube fire tv trick next game , maybe ill even by a sword from the $2 shop hmm..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol more like https://www.kigu.me/shop/dragon (not where I bought it from unsure of the site)

http://youtu.be/kk5xfK0ovrk

We just have the standards, really. Dice tower, DM screen, grid map. I'm hoping that we'll be fully equipped with Bones and Dwarven Forge by the end of the year though! On second thought... my girlfriend does have a big pair of horns she wears to slip into her Tiefling role. :P

• Like 4

When I ran that adventure that room was brutal, good work on the model.

I mostly use a grid or dungeon tiles and minis or nothing. Sometimes I play music to suit the scene, especially for cyberpunk genre games or Vampire, though I'm getting a better collection for fantasy games. (Soundtracks are nice but they are associated with their source so the discovery of Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine and similar artists in the last year or so has been a boon.)

I have used a data projector before, but ultimately found it was slower than using the grid & minis for combat, but its great for showing pictures of NPCs, maps, location pictures, block text and so on to the players. Also good for initiative tracking as well.

@morari from now on I shall be known as piff!

@Sliksham Great stuff on the room encounter ! I made two paper craft buildings (really simple ones and free) for one encounter but nothing like that ,what did u need?

For music I play , l.o.t.r sound track, the hobbit sound track and how to train my dragon sound track , it is many hours of great dnd tunes but it has messed up shuffle when just hangin out, all of a sudden a epic mordor assault song comes on during a BBQ .. I get a dirty look from my gf ha!

• Like 2

@morari from now on I shall be known as [email protected] Great stuff on the room encounter ! I made two paper craft buildings (really simple ones and free) for one encounter but nothing like that ,what did u need?For music I play , l.o.t.r sound track, the hobbit sound track and how to train my dragon sound track , it is many hours of great dnd tunes but it has messed up shuffle when just hangin out, all of a sudden a epic mordor assault song comes on during a BBQ .. I get a dirty look from my gf ha!

I used an old foam board that work were throwing out. The levels were supported by acrylic rods which were drilled out and pinned at each end.

The 'tower' is a pringles tube with an empty salt container on top.

Steps were powered with thin strips of the foam board.

For music I play , l.o.t.r sound track, the hobbit sound track and how to train my dragon sound track , it is many hours of great dnd tunes but it has messed up shuffle when just hangin out, all of a sudden a epic mordor assault song comes on during a BBQ .. I get a dirty look from my gf ha!

That's quite funny. It makes life not so far off from video games though. Half the time when my hubby was playing Lords of Shadow, when the grand, dramatic music came on I would look over to see his character doing.... nothing. And in Skyrim when the music starts playing randomly (as opposed to when there's suddenly a dragon eating you) most of the time you're just running through a field, or sneaking, depending on your preference.

• Like 2

I've got one of the big reversible Chessex gaming mats (hex on one side, grid on the other) that I use wet erase markers on. Before the markers and the mat we had an old Armory folding paper grid/hex map that we would mark out walls and doors with dice, pencil and Jenga blocks.

I just bought a bunch of Hirst Arts molds off of Craigslist for cheapish, so that once I get casting they will be making an appearance.

• Like 1

Nothing major recently, I'm lucky to get a game to the table, let alone props

But when I was running Call of Cthulhu regularly there were plenty of notes, clues, prints of period newspapers (with one of the real stories, or adverts or personals replaced by story specific stuff), period travel guides & maps, period photographs of the location (or a similar location) where I could find them

plus minis (both correct and 'this'll do') for showing positions etc, but no real scenery

Nothing major recently, I'm lucky to get a game to the table, let alone props

But when I was running Call of Cthulhu regularly there were plenty of notes, clues, prints of period newspapers (with one of the real stories, or adverts or personals replaced by story specific stuff), period travel guides & maps, period photographs of the location (or a similar location) where I could find them

plus minis (both correct and 'this'll do') for showing positions etc, but no real scenery

I have a stack of random National Geographics from the 1910s through 1930s.

I was planning to scan, doctor, and print out copies as props for a CoC game, but so much weird stuff was happening back then they almost don't need manipulation. Heck, even the ads can be creepy in context.