03497, Evil Shrine & Pygmy Savages

Metalchaos

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I'm happy you like them!

I love it! Fun sulpted minis are always a treat to paint.

What was the paint mixed used on the dark skin?

I used Vallejo paint. The base color is pure flat brown. Then I successively mixed flat brown with mahogany sand and cork brown which looks like beige to build up the highlights.

Flat brown
Flat brown / mahogany sand
Mahogany sand
Mahogany sand / cork brown

Love them! I just finished the idol and started on the pygmys, and they really are fun! Excellent work!

How did you fix the mask to the bodies?

I fixed them with super glue before painting. It was tricky to paint some spots behind the masks but it was not that bad.

• Like 1

I was just going to say how I liked that you left the bases neat and clean! :bday:

Some of my favorite sculpts there, I love those dudes and you really knocked them out of the park, great character to them. The masks are obviously awesome, but I like the little touch of woven grass for the ropes.

• Like 3

I was just going to say how I liked that you left the bases neat and clean! :bday:

Some of my favorite sculpts there, I love those dudes and you really knocked them out of the park, great character to them. The masks are obviously awesome, but I like the little touch of woven grass for the ropes.

Have to agree with that. Until it was brought up I didn't even notice the plain bases. I like them because it leaves all the focus on the mask!

If you really wanted to get funky with it, you could do bases of glowing coals or something.

• Like 2