Thrym

Identify: Unknown Female Druid or Aristocrat :: Resolved

Need help identifying this young lady. I painted her as a druid for a player in one of my groups.

Any assistance finding the manufacturer would be greatly appreciated.

0e7451dcb575650388fad542e496f297.jpgfd07eb86228521f22a1b6ad53b29b0a1.jpg

Edited by Thrym

I was going to say she looked kind of Ral Partha-y. a dark elf, huh?

So would this be one of the Ral Partha D&D minis Wizards of the Coast destroyed the mold for?

• Like 1

Thanks 72moonglum.

A speedy result. I painted her a while ago and never thought to check the Menzo box.

Pingo and ShadowRaven, she didn't look like much of a dark elf to me either. Hence her appearance.

Edited by Thrym

I'll stick to elf maiden. LOL She seems out of place as a dark elf.

I may have multiples of that mini. I have two partial Menzo sets, maybe even three, but still not enough to build a complete one.

What are you missing? ... My ex-wife bought the set and I am not a huge fan of Forgotten Realms dark elves. I may be willing to part with pieces ... and not many are painted. Especially the ranger do-gooder ... what's his name? It's right there ... tip of the tongue ... D something. Has a large black cat. He's an anti-hero right?

Send me a list and we can talk trade or something.

Drizzt (and his million clones of Drizt, Drizzit, Drizzzt, Dirizt etc) is a drow anti-hero, which means he is a hero for the good side. I have not read the books, so I don't know exactly why he is so popular.

• Like 1

Drizzt (and his million clones of Drizt, Drizzit, Drizzzt, Dirizt etc) is a drow anti-hero, which means he is a hero for the good side. I have not read the books, so I don't know exactly why he is so popular.

My favorite clone is Zz'dtri, from the webcomic "Order of the Stick."

As for his popularity, I think it has to do with angst and rebellious bad-boy cool. Or something.

• Like 1

And killing 1000 trolls off-scene by yourself because lack of dramatic peril is awesome. Tra la la la la.

Damn. Now I'm not sure I want to complete that set.

• Like 2

Yes, I really am familiar with the character. It's the level of godhood he appears to have among the fanboys and fangirls that drives me nuts. And the over-popularity of the concept and the race in general. It also doesn't help that I don't like the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.

My favorite clone is Zz'dtri, from the webcomic "Order of the Stick."

As for his popularity, I think it has to do with angst and rebellious bad-boy cool. Or something.

My son loves OotS. We have the boardgame. I find it amusing and slightly annoying that I tend to draw the clone Zz'dtri most times we play. The OotS descriptions are just as funny as the comic.

And killing 1000 trolls off-scene by yourself because lack of dramatic peril is awesome. Tra la la la la.

Damn. Now I'm not sure I want to complete that set.

But ... it would "complete" a set. Collectors collect complete sets. Not pieces. ^_^

No biggie. Just thought I would offer.

In character: "The drow have stuck their noses into Frost Giant business one to many times. They must all perish."

Heh ... might be that the dark elves will become the dark half-elves and quarter elves. Perhaps just a leg or three.

They will make excellent base fodder. Muahahahahaha.

Or I could trades them away to gobbos. *shrug*

Edited by Thrym

I seem to only have the four female drow. I had multiples of them, but only them. There's a part of me that says "Old TSR Partha - must complete!" but also a part of me that's going "ewww... Drizzle and the other forgettables".