Sign in to follow this  
Yukon Cornelius

Any news about the future of Legendary Encounters?

Agreed. I see the line-up working nicely like so:

Gamer Tier

- Legendary Encounters pre-paints. No fuss, no muss.

- Bones. Still better suited to gaming. Inexpensive, can be quickly painted

- Metals. Fine detail, costs extra. For when you really get the painting bug.

Hobby Tier

That's a winning team, with Bones as the bridge.

As a gamer, I'm more inclined to buy the metals over unpainted Bones simply because unpainted metals are still very visible in terms of detail, while Bones are not. Most of the people I've gamed with over the years would probably agree with me on that point. But I might be in the minority, since so many people value price over looks and the Bones are a much better option in that regard.

As a painter, I'm more likely to buy Bones because my paint jobs are terribad, and buying tons of cheap plastic to ruin is a lot less expensive than ruining metals.

I wrote a post, but when I read it over, it was just a long winded version of buglips' post, with the added note that Bones are a perfect beginner hobbyist choice, like the cheap but decent enough brush you let your friend practice with.

• Like 1

I hope LE contains to exist and expand as well. I agree they are a great mini for gamers and people new to the hobby. I bought a bunch for my 11 year old niece so she could get used to having figures in her RPGs. I how they add some of the new bones line to the LE range. If they keep slowly expanding it, I think they will continue to have plenty of supporters who like minis but not painting.

I'm also a fan of the theory that Bones are the gateway drug into more minis! I don't see a all LE Kickstarter but if all the molds can be shared running new LE should remain an options.

• Like 1

Thank you for that Bryan!   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......   It's been a rough Monday morning, and a hard week of travel with a cranky boss to look forward too.  That was a really great laugh right when it was needed.....

<ZenModeStart> Rcon is almost here....  Rcon is almost here....  Rcon is almost here....  </ZenModeEnd>

• Like 2

I would be all over a LE KickStarter. I am getting a bunch of pre painted minis from the Dwarven Forge KS, but there is not a ton of verity there. I have so much stuff to get painted that I would love a bunch of non random preprinted minis. Please do a LE KS!

• Like 1

They are doing one, it was announced at Reapercon last weekend. Sometime this fall, IIRC.

• Like 1

Are any Bones now made it the USA?

No. Last I heard, they can't get the plastic material they use for Bones in the USA. They have a machine they could make bones with that they currently use to make hard plastic bases.

• Like 1