Any news about the future of Legendary Encounters?

Well, that is both interesting and sad. The USA materials base seems to have fallen behind and I doubt it will catch up. But, there hope that Mexico could advance in its manufacturing base and then Bonesium could be acquired across the border. Is this being pursued?

You guys ever check with Formosa Plastics in Point Comfort, Texas? They are a major plastics supplier in the world and have a big PVC plant in Texas: In addition, Reaper could import the required PVC, but then again with only 1 machine they might not be able to scale up enough to make it profitable. There is also the issue of only having 1 physical mold, it cannot be two places at once. Logistically this would need to be balanced. Having all the molds in China allows Reaper to more easily fill up a container and get the # of units batch produced to keep costs low. It would be cool to see Made in the USA on the bottom of some Bones, but it seems not to be for the moment. Hopefully in the future though!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It did seem that Thomas was going full bore on bases. Perhaps they just don't have the capacity at this time to run anything else in it? On the tour, David did say that they are using Thomas to cut their teeth on running such a machine and were still learning. Perhaps in the future more things will be made there.

• Like 1

Plans exist involving multiple machines, multiple materials, and so on. There is a steep learning curve, and while it can be frustrating that we are moving slowly, we are moving with zero-to-almost-zero risk, being careful with our investments of time and money to maximize returns long-term. 

I have no doubt we will continue to move forward, but I also have no doubt that in this modern world of immediate and rapid change, our slow pace will be a source of frustration to many of you.

Excited anticipation, but no frustration here, Bryan. Stay the course, take your time and do it the right way!  ::):  An excellent product that is delivered late is an excellent product; a mediocre product delivered quickly is a mediocre product.

Totally agree!!

Plans exist involving multiple machines, multiple materials, and so on. There is a steep learning curve, and while it can be frustrating that we are moving slowly, we are moving with zero-to-almost-zero risk, being careful with our investments of time and money to maximize returns long-term.

I have no doubt we will continue to move forward, but I also have no doubt that in this modern world of immediate and rapid change, our slow pace will be a source of frustration to many of you.

You hiring steep learners? I think I'd love Texas!