Well, I thought I'd add my WiP Minis thread to the list, so here goes...

100_1822_zpsa8a73c95.jpg

100_1823_zpsafd3133e.jpg

First one here is going to be used for Sheska, the Fighter in one of the Games I run.

100_1821_zpsd757e347.jpg

100_1820_zps08983b79.jpg

This here is Torchbearer, my PC in a new Campaign I joined recently. He is a Warforged Fighter with the Firecrafter Theme. Basically, I describe him as "Fire, barely contained". In the Campaign's world, Warforged are made by fusing a soul to a Construct body and are made primarily by Kenku as servants. My PC's creator made him from a Fire Elemental soul and used him to carry his torch around. My PC was not amused by this and attacked the Kenku with a Sword of Fire that came out of his arm. He took the name "Torch" after this incident and is now on the run.

GF

• Like 6
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OneBoot,

The "Metallic Blue" you mention is actually Shadowed Steel from the Reaper Dropper Bottles Paint line. I need to get more work on it done soon.

Been Working on some new stuff for GenCon events, mostly for the DDM Guild stuff. So, here they are...

PheonixWiP1_zpse31ae8e2.jpg

PheonixWiP2_zpse8fef075.jpg

Been working on a prize for a Tournament at GenCon for the D&D Minis Guild. As they have recently "Risen from the Ashes", so has the Grand Prize!

HextorWiP1_zpsb0abd293.jpg

HextorWiP2_zps07d75128.jpg

The Aspect of Hextor was one of the more Complex and Interesting Sculpts in the DDM line. Unfortunately, it came from one of the Sets that had the Worst Paintjob Quality since Harbinger, War Drums. I'm Fixing that:)

HobgoblinWiP1_zpse52364b3.jpg

HobgoblinWiP2_zpsc75d3563.jpg

Let us go Olde Skhuul now with a WotC METAL Mini. From the Chainmail line, a Hobgoblin Cleric thing.

Kord-FrostWiP1_zpse469de1d.jpg

Kord-FrostWiP2_zpsd3c0d640.jpg

And Finally, the Aspect of Kord was an excellent mini for the Skirmish game for much of its first incarnation and wasn't too bad in the second version either. However, not everyone who bought DDMs played the Skirmish game. So a few who had some painting talent started "Re-Painting" DDMs in very different ways. Kord here was often repainted as a Frost Giant. So I'm giving it a try too.

GF

• Like 8

So, putting the finishing touches on my DDM Guild Prize Support. Do not worry though, I have many Reaper minis that I'm getting ready to start work on.

100_1848_zps58fa73f6.jpg

100_1849_zps9ed2af36.jpg

The Male Dwarf Paladin from the Heroes series repainted as a Gold Dwarf. One of the better sculpts from the Heroes Series.

100_1857_zps60be836b.jpg

100_1858_zpsad97e18e.jpg

The Phoenix is coming along well.

100_1854_zps76a3abaa.jpg

100_1855_zps54ce8501.jpg

The Hobgoblin Cleric is nearly done now, too.

100_1859_zps2b4a44be.jpg

All of my prizes for the DDM Guild Events. All told they came out very good.

GF

• Like 10

So, its been awhile. But new projects are being worked on at the moment, including the following...

First off, a Commission, the DDM Red Wizard of Thay. The Requester wanted it painted with Dark robes and red Flames on the bottom edges of them. Basically, he wanted a Distinctive "Leader" for his Red Wizards in his games.

100_2189_zps9ceed70f.jpg

100_2190_zps75893920.jpg

Next up is Turg the Mighty, a Half-Orc Monk in my Home Campaign. He looks weird because I had to touch up a couple of things after giving him a wash.

100_2195_zpsc722215a.jpg

100_2196_zpsb6c5697e.jpg

And I haven't forgotten the Dragon Painting Challenge! I Plan on painting Ashardalon from the Board Game if my White Dragon Trophy Project doesn't pan out soon.

GF

• Like 4

Good work!

I tend to agree with smokingwreckage. If you thin your paints, they tend to blend better with others and the result will be awesome!

You could also use some shades (basically a very thin and yet with good amounts of pigment paint), for tabletop games is what I use to do a fast and good work.

Update on a recent WiP and a new one I'm working on.

First is Turg the Mighty, the Half-Orc Monk. Still needs a bit of touching up but he is finally Covered(With Paint).

100_2201_zpsdaf1ee67.jpg

100_2202_zps023163ca.jpg

And then we have Shadow Turg. Turg used to be an Assassin and it came back to haunt him. The part of him he Sold to the Shadowy Forces took on a "Life" of its own and tried to become the "Real Turg" by killing him. This Failed of course.

100_2203_zps205dfe59.jpg

100_2204_zps8b7fd4d5.jpg

GF

The WiP of my afore mentioned Adventuring Party Commission! First up is the Dreaded Pixie Vampire!!!

100_2227_zpsea4cc802.jpg

100_2228_zps102525da.jpg

The Idea is to have the Brass Rod I stuck him on become a Tree-Plant-Thing. Also, I plan to paint it like even the Plant he is sitting on is having its life force sucked out.

Next up, The Tiefling Monk. He is supposed to be a No Weapon Monk and devoted to the Raven Queen, Goddess of Death. My plan is to put a tattoo on his chest of Her Holy Symbol.

100_2232_zps12b72766.jpg

100_2233_zps97f45096.jpg

Third on the list is the Sword Mage Bard type. The guy said he was basically Link from the Legend of Zelda video games, so I added a bit to his Hood to make it more like Link's Hat. Also, Am conscidering resculpting the Short Sword into a Flute for some Olde Skuul Link Style!

100_2231_zps0d36b328.jpg

100_2230_zpsd183dee3.jpg

The Last Party member is a Dwarf Warden with a really big Axe. I'm still preparing the mini for that one, though, so you have to wait.

GF

• Like 2

Adventurer Commission ahoy! First up is the Dwarf Warden.

100_2236_zps650bd4bd.jpg

100_2238_zps504f568e.jpg

I chopped off the samurai like Helmet that this mini originally had and added most of the head of a Werewolf Mini to the void that remained. Used some Pro-Create to fill the gaps and sculpt some fur.

100_2241_zps54ce015f.jpg

100_2242_zpsf477cecc.jpg

PIxie Vampire has been Primered and that is about it, so far.

100_2239_zps92ae1341.jpg

100_2240_zpsf2b65479.jpg

The "Link" Sward Bard Mage Thing has had the Short Sword replaced with a Flute, kind of. Used the one end of the flute bit but could not get the other half to go in the hole! In the end I decided to use the Short Sword to represent the End you blow into. It was close enough that I think I can do a bit with it once the Glue dries.

100_2245_zps93e8e708.jpg

100_2243_zps8d6b647c.jpg

100_2244_zps4bb344c4.jpg

And now the Tiefling Monk! Obviously, I need to touch him up a good bit. But I've got the general Paint scheme worked out. And before you say anything, yes that is a bead under his hand. once it is done drying, I'm going to paint it like a Potion Bottle or something.

GF