Liked for the little figures, the bigger head is wonderfully sculpted, and the paint job is well-done...just, ah, not quite my cup of tea.  ^_^

You have such a talent for facial expressions and hair, each of the "practice" heads you've done have been a delight for the eyes! :D I'm excited to see what project you have in store next!!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments. 

It's very encouraging and thoughtful of you to take time to write what you think of my work.

Here's more stuff:

A reporter figure in 1:56 scale

WKziTZ8.jpg

pVWxZiw.jpg

pOoqG3y.jpg

With an Infinity miniature for comparison:

4owAT9f.jpg

A sketch in Super Sculpey Firm. Experiment with a more graphical sort of representation.

0X3dKOi.jpg

• Like 4

Your practice heads are delightful, every one of them has so much personality and potential!!  :wub:

The reporter looks great, the hair in particular! However, his stance is a little stiff, like one or both of his legs needs to be bent a little bit. Is he a practice piece, or one that you're doing for real?

Huzzah!

Do you want a critique of the reporter dude or was he just a quick study?

Your practice heads are delightful, every one of them has so much personality and potential!!  :wub:

The reporter looks great, the hair in particular! However, his stance is a little stiff, like one or both of his legs needs to be bent a little bit. Is he a practice piece, or one that you're doing for real?

Huzzah!

Thank you OneBoot. I suppose he might be a little off, that's fine. Depends on what "for real" and "practice" mean. I believe one is always learning and I thought adding dynamism to the poses is something I need to push further so if I messed it up it's OK.

I appreciate the feedback and critique on everything because it's very helpful for improving.

He has been sent off to have a test casting made as part of my trying to move further down the road to commercializing my stuff.

• Like 1

I feel like the layers aren't quite working right on him. But I need to really have a proper look to tell you what it is. I feel like maybe his shoulders aren't quite right; like for the bulk of the vest you're conveying, his arms should appear to be coming out of the vest, not starting where the vest ends? It's slightly incongruent, not glaring from all angles, but quite visible in the close up showing the left arm. I feel like I want to cut it off, file the stump down a bit, then re-insert it into his shoulder socket :)

Excellent work! I'm surprised I haven't caught this thread before. I've been thinking about trying to learn sculpting, and these threads give an excellent base of what I should strive to achieve. Thank you for sharing your work with us, and I'm looking forward to more!

I feel like the layers aren't quite working right on him. But I need to really have a proper look to tell you what it is. I feel like maybe his shoulders aren't quite right; like for the bulk of the vest you're conveying, his arms should appear to be coming out of the vest, not starting where the vest ends? It's slightly incongruent, not glaring from all angles, but quite visible in the close up showing the left arm. I feel like I want to cut it off, file the stump down a bit, then re-insert it into his shoulder socket :)

Great critique! I'll keep it in mind as I keep going. Thank you so very much.

I think one reason is how thick I placed the clothing layer on top of the basic anatomy and I'll try to control it better next up. 

Excellent work! I'm surprised I haven't caught this thread before. I've been thinking about trying to learn sculpting, and these threads give an excellent base of what I should strive to achieve. Thank you for sharing your work with us, and I'm looking forward to more!

Thanks a bunch. I'm available if you got any question. It's one of the more rare and more satisfying things when one's work inspires others to create!