• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! It looks like you're getting faster and more confident, like you're starting to sculpt with... intuition I suppose is the word. Are you feeling more like you're spending time "in the zone" as you work?

The folds and creases on the harness here are just cracking. Absolutely smashing, they really give the slung gun weight and lend verisimilitude to the figure. The shirt rucks and pulls look great. Basically, the more I try to critically nitpick the details, the better the sculpt so far looks. High fives, man, to my eye you are really nailing it.

You're also hitting that spot between real proportions and "too exaggerated" proportions, which is a very neat trick when you're working in a... ahem... slightly arbitrary... "scale".

I can see from the practice heads that you're really getting a feel for the whole object in space, like you're starting to naturally think in 3D.

Nice! It looks like you're getting faster and more confident, like you're starting to sculpt with... intuition I suppose is the word. Are you feeling more like you're spending time "in the zone" as you work?

The folds and creases on the harness here are just cracking. Absolutely smashing, they really give the slung gun weight and lend verisimilitude to the figure. The shirt rucks and pulls look great. Basically, the more I try to critically nitpick the details, the better the sculpt so far looks. High fives, man, to my eye you are really nailing it.

You're also hitting that spot between real proportions and "too exaggerated" proportions, which is a very neat trick when you're working in a... ahem... slightly arbitrary... "scale".

I can see from the practice heads that you're really getting a feel for the whole object in space, like you're starting to naturally think in 3D.

Wow, thanks! I appreciate the compliments. I do not, to be honest, feel in the zone much. Recently I need to really coerce myself super hard to sculpt and find it difficult to have very positive feelings about it. I do think the recent sculpt is coming along nicely but due to personal and professional reasons my mood is a little low. I suppose what's showing through is practice and repetition. I think I should study more references and that will probably help too.

1:56 isn't arbitrary! It's the perfect scale!

• Like 1

:D This guy is FANTASTIC!!! Such a character, with that hair style and his awesome expression! You have such an amazing talent for creating emotive, expressive characters, not just figurines, it's a joy and a pleasure to watch you work!

Adding in the jacket really helped balance him out; I'd been thinking that something seemed slightly off about the scale of his head to the rest of them, but the jacket collar ties him all together beautifully. He looks like he'd be a ton of fun to paint, especially making his mohawk some bright neon color just because.  :lol:

Keep up your most excellent work! I know it can be tough to see your figures you are creating as the gems they are when you're in the midst of the process, but do know that you are producing quality miniatures that will be an asset to anyone's figure collection!  :wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot

:D This guy is FANTASTIC!!! Such a character, with that hair style and his awesome expression! You have such an amazing talent for creating emotive, expressive characters, not just figurines, it's a joy and a pleasure to watch you work!

Adding in the jacket really helped balance him out; I'd been thinking that something seemed slightly off about the scale of his head to the rest of them, but the jacket collar ties him all together beautifully. He looks like he'd be a ton of fun to paint, especially making his mohawk some bright neon color just because.  :lol:

Keep up your most excellent work! I know it can be tough to see your figures you are creating as the gems they are when you're in the midst of the process, but do know that you are producing quality miniatures that will be an asset to anyone's figure collection!  :wub:

Huzzah!

Wow. Thanks! I'm not worthy.

I do enjoy sculpting and making up this kind of stuff very much. I wish I knew how to commercialize it yet. It doesn't seem realistic that I would get anything into production in the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Here we go again. o_.

New sculpts underway! 1:56 scale, science fiction theme. Trying to pick up some steam again. 

QBBXbqF.jpg

This goan be an alien invader guy, barely passable for human. Inspiration: "They Live!"

udVpRYn.jpg

This is an astronaut infected by alien stuff. Like, maybe totally ancient and stuff.

JiYSctA.jpg

This'll be a brain slug controlled guy.

JiYSctA.jpg

Group photo.

• Like 4

Glad to see you back in the sculpting chair again! I've missed seeing your work. :)

Aliens, cool; this is a different direction from your other stuff, and it looks just as fantastic (in a creepy sort of way, lol). Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!

Huzzah!

Glad to see you back in the sculpting chair again! I've missed seeing your work. :)

Aliens, cool; this is a different direction from your other stuff, and it looks just as fantastic (in a creepy sort of way, lol). Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!

Huzzah!

Thanks dude! I've been experiencing a little sadbrains syndrome and I think I'm coming out of it little by little. I'm stoked you think they look creepy because I'm totally aiming for that feels. I hope to make many more updates soon.

Here's a bit of progress:

uW7qBij.jpg

DXzt95y.jpg

tc5V4sx.jpg

IFdll5i.jpg

• Like 5