You, sir, have a gift! Each of your sculpts has so much life and personality! You have a wonderful knack for faces and poses, and I'm loving seeing your creations come to life with each new post! Thank you for sharing the creative process with us, it's a real treat. :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks like he could use some turntables! :bday:

Ha ha. I've had the same thought myself!

Hellbeard, it's been inspiring following you on this odyssey. The sculpts seem to get more expressive with each one. I particularly like the commander, his pose and facial expression really convey a sense of authority. I look forward to being able to make faces that look like faces.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your compliment. If you need some help with faces I'll be glad to offer advice. I'm not sure I understand what it is that I'm doing when I do them beside panicking.

You, sir, have a gift! Each of your sculpts has so much life and personality! You have a wonderful knack for faces and poses, and I'm loving seeing your creations come to life with each new post! Thank you for sharing the creative process with us, it's a real treat. :D

Huzzah!

That's very kind of you to write. I'll keep sharing. Soon I'll have some pictures to share from the new project I've started.

• Like 3

Thank you very much! I appreciate your compliment. If you need some help with faces I'll be glad to offer advice. I'm not sure I understand what it is that I'm doing when I do them beside panicking.

Thanks for the offer. It's good to know that panic is part of the process - I think I have that part down. The thing I am really struggling with is the eyes, so if you have any tips or technique for eyes that would help a lot. I'll try to get a WIP thread up with my current attempts soon.

Thanks for the offer. It's good to know that panic is part of the process - I think I have that part down. The thing I am really struggling with is the eyes, so if you have any tips or technique for eyes that would help a lot. I'll try to get a WIP thread up with my current attempts soon.

Cool. I'll try to help if I can.

You should try running some searches on these forums. Gene gave out some really good advice and I think eyes were one of those.

Starting on a new project.

1:56/Warpunk/Vampire Spec-Ops riding Dire-Bat.

I'm keen to see how it goes. There are going to be a lot of special challenges.

j4XHp7M.jpg

Mthdswp.jpg

CrmF36W.jpg

ydhztLJ.jpg

• Like 3

Cool. I'll try to help if I can.

You should try running some searches on these forums. Gene gave out some really good advice and I think eyes were one of those.

I can't believe I didn't think of that. I just found this post by Gene which looks very helpful.

Try to find the one where he shares his PDF that he hands out to his class. It's pure Green Stuff gold.

Oooooh, this looks like it's going to be really cool!!! I'm definitely watching this project with interest! :D

Huzzah!

Thanks! I hope I pull it off.

• Like 1

WOW!!! He's not even done yet, and he looks so very dynamic!! I love his expression, and his hair is perfect! I also love hos active his pose is! ^_^

Will he be riding bareback, or in a saddle? If bareback, how will you ensure that he'll fit on the dragon (I'm only assuming it will be a dragon) when it's done?

Sooooo cool! This will be such a neat piece when it's finished! :lol:

Huzzah!

WOW!!! He's not even done yet, and he looks so very dynamic!! I love his expression, and his hair is perfect! I also love hos active his pose is! ^_^

Will he be riding bareback, or in a saddle? If bareback, how will you ensure that he'll fit on the dragon (I'm only assuming it will be a dragon) when it's done?

Sooooo cool! This will be such a neat piece when it's finished! :lol:

Huzzah!

Wow. That is a great face, and AMAZING in profile.

Thanks, you guys! I was actually bummed out about the face and had to do deep surgery to it. I hope it's improved. You'll note the mouth was comically grotesque and the left eye badly misaligned.

OneBoot, the mount is a dire-bat which is most fitting for a vampire and he'll be sort of surfing it, if it makes sense.

Update from the front. Rejiggered the face and added some leg stuff.

I think after this I should do several heads in a row to get a better grasp of them.

9cBvchN.jpg

ZUEI6RA.jpg

Yno1NPS.jpg

1bofjbo.jpg

MyRfy4I.jpg

x1jAZzr.jpg

• Like 2

I agree, he looks MUCH better from the front now! The profile lost a tiny bit of intensity, I think, but it looks a LOT more realistic now. :)

The only thing that's bothering me is his teeth. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, though. It's like they're just a little too prominent, or maybe just his canines are a tiny bit too big, or something. Sorry, that probably wasn't very helpful. :unsure:

Huzzah!