Digital M@

Faces of Death & Shadow

"Three thousand books you say? Well, that's definately bigger than any I've seen." Willow ponders for a monent then returns her gaze to Dane. "The largest one I've ever seen must have had a few hundred books. It was a nobleman's private library and it took up three rooms in his house."

Jen smiles prettily at Dane, but shakes her head. "I am afraid not, brother, My youth was spent in the forest near my home, my father was the head forester you see, and untill I discovered my true calling, we all thought I would follow my father's footsteps."

Three riders break away from the merchant encampment, riding down the grassy hill toward a group of trees where a lone man stands. For weeks this lone man has trailed after the merchant party, each night his silhouette was outlined by the moons light and greeted by the morning sun.

In the beginning he was assumed to be a thief. Many times riders were sent to confront him, but each time they met only shadow. It was not until the beginning of the second week when the caravan had come across several slain highway men on the side of the road that they felt this man more guardian angel than thief. The highway men were set up in ambush and lay dead in their hiding spots, each killed so quickly they hardly had time to move and for some reason each member of the caravan knew who had slain these robbers. Every night after that Kareth left food and supplies to make their new friends journey more comfortable.

The man still standing at the edge of the trees watches as the riders approach. There is currently about 300 yards between the two parties.

Jen follows the monk quietly stringing her bow as she approches the figure and readying an arrow... then slips off her horse and extends her sences searching for any sign of evilness.

Willow rides gayly (as in happily) towards the mysterious figure, her most friendly and disarming smile on her face, and has a glint in her eyes - the glint of kindness and lack of hostility.

On reaching shouting range Dane dismounts and proceeds on foot. He turns to Jen "Mistress Archer I know this will feel like second nature but can I ask that you sheath your bow, we wish to appear as friends."

Then calling out "HELLO, WE WISH TO MEET WITH YOU. WE MEAN NO HARM."

The man slowly begins walking towards the trio, his deep green cloak billowing about him. Short gray hair sways in the wind from inside the cloak's deep cowl. Though his steps are slow, the man moves with unnatural speed and grace.

"I bear no anger towards you or yours." he says as he reverently places his bow on the ground. He also plucks his longsword out of the sheath on his back and drops it near his bow. Removing the cowl, the three are suprised (since I say you are... <_< ) to see that the man's face is actually very young. He has a nose that looks like its been broken more than once, though it doesn't actually make him look hostile, only 'experianced in the ways of the world'. The man stretches out a calloused hand towards the nearest party member (I'm assuming Dane, the fast mover).

Experience causes Willow to react to the outstretched hand faster than any of her two companions, and she shakes it with a bright and friendly smile on her face. "Good eve. As my companion has suggested, we wish to speak with you and would be honoured if you would accompany us back to our camp. You will not be harmed in any way."

Willow begins to manouver the stranger towards the camp, then she mentally kicks herself. "But before we do, perhaps some introductions are in order. My name is Willow, and these are my friends Dane and Jen."

Willow gestures to each of her companions as she makes the intriductions.

Jen stands nearby, haveing relaxed her bow, but not put it away, she offers a friendly smile and a shallow bow. "Jen Archer, Sister of the order of the Holy Mother. It is pleasent to make your aquaintance. " She looks back at the caravan hopeing things aren't being /too/ delayed thus far.

"Greetings to you, I am Brother Dane, as Mistress Denarine has said the leader of this caravan Master Kareth wishes to speak with you. Indeed I believe with all of us but about what I know not. May I enquire as to your name ?" Says Dane while holding out his hand to the stranger.

The horses begin to fidget nervously and pull away as Eros approaches. Jens horse rears up whinnying and bolts back toward camp. Everyone else seems to keep their horse under control, but the animals are not happy.

Dane turns to Jen "Mistress Archer please ride my horse back to the camp, along with Mistress Denarine, as you know I have never gotten along with riding her. I will accompany Master Eros on foot, as there seems to be something about him that distresses the horses, although I fail to see what the could be. If that is acceptable to you Master Eros ?"