• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[...]

I was thinking about the eyes as well. Did I want to try for a lizard style eye, or go more human. I guess I think of some monsters not as non-sentient beings with no thoughts or feelings. But as thinking and feeling creatures that have goals/wants/needs/desires to fulfill.

So with that, him being creepier with that hint of humanity you talked about? Yeah... maybe the players in my friends campaign will get that. ;)

I like your train of thought.

If one of the the players comments on the expression in the troll's eyes/face, the GM should give that player a bonus in the encounter (maybe to AC as they recognize that this is no mere beast, or maybe to Diplomacy/Intimidate if they try to talk with the troll). Reward for being observant. :;):

Again, good work!

Derek

• Like 2

[...]

I was thinking about the eyes as well. Did I want to try for a lizard style eye, or go more human. I guess I think of some monsters not as non-sentient beings with no thoughts or feelings. But as thinking and feeling creatures that have goals/wants/needs/desires to fulfill.

So with that, him being creepier with that hint of humanity you talked about? Yeah... maybe the players in my friends campaign will get that. ;)

I like your train of thought.

If one of the the players comments on the expression in the troll's eyes/face, the GM should give that player a bonus in the encounter (maybe to AC as they recognize that this is no mere beast, or maybe to Diplomacy/Intimidate if they try to talk with the troll). Reward for being observant. :;):

Again, good work!

Derek

Wonderful idea Derek! I'll talk to my GM about it if/when we use this guy. If he doesn't use him then I will in my game! lol

Thanks folks! I'm really happy with the way he turned out. Having some use him as a reference is a HUGE compliment! So SlashHamster, thank you. :D

I've got a ton more Bones thanks to the KS plus more commissions that I'm working on. I'll be sure to post them as I get more completed. Especially the Takhisis from Ral Partha that I'm working on for a client. :D