Absolutely stunning! Love the color scheme, very nicely done!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I liked it - very Skyrim-esque - that's an instant win for me :)

(Yes I realize that Skyrim giants are newer than Ral Partha giants - the way my associating-ness works is something looks like whatever I've seen first)

I was thinking he looked like a muppet, one of those delightfully creepy, more adult ones.

• Like 2

You're such a tease. I thought this would be an 11 series.

Top shelf work, though.

Didn't mean to tease you Master Buglips. I think we've just got slightly different versions of old school. With Partha you think late eighties- early nineties, and I'm thinking late seventies-early eighties.

I've got a bunch of those old TSR models that I'll be wanting to paint some day. It's always just trying to figure out what to paint next that's the hard part. I'm a bit gianted out, so want to do something smaller. I've got a set of Elvin Personalities sitting around that I kind of want to have a crack at and those are pretty tiny. I've also got a half-finished goblin shaman I stopped mid-paint because I'm trying to figure out what color I want to paint his cloak and other parts. Too many miniatures (if that could ever be said), not enough time....

• Like 2

I love the eyes and face, and the rest of it for that matter. Looks kinda muppetlike like someone said. Nice job!

I think we've just got slightly different versions of old school. With Partha you think late eighties- early nineties, and I'm thinking late seventies-early eighties.

Bugsy's 'old school' is our 'new crap' :)

• Like 1

Either that or we're just older school. I wouldn't call his not-so-old school stuff crap though. I really quite like it. That latter eighties-early nineties stuff from Ral Partha I really like. That was around that time I graduated from high school and then wandered around aimlessly for a number of years in Finland and Mexico, so I totally missed out on all that stuff until I saw it years later on line. I really didn't even know it existed until the early 2,000's, but when I did finally see it, thought it was pretty cool. I've got lots of the old Partha stuff, plus have been accumulating the TSR stuff as well little by little. Sadly, I'm a Partha addict.

• Like 1

There's good stuff in every era. While I like the early Meier stuff, a lot of that early sculpting was very primitive. I don't have a lot of nostalgia otherwise, except the grenadier original Type VI demon and original Efreeti. The modern stuff is so amazing, but at times can lack the character of things like these giants.

There's good stuff in every era. While I like the early Meier stuff, a lot of that early sculpting was very primitive. I don't have a lot of nostalgia otherwise, except the grenadier original Type VI demon and original Efreeti. The modern stuff is so amazing, but at times can lack the character of things like these giants.

This is true. I think it's really interesting to see how far sculpting has come, especially let's say looking at Meier and Guthrie from the eighties and comparing with what they do now. But my stance is just because they are essentially sculpting gods nowadays, we can't discount what they did earlier on in their careers. Like you say, there's a lot of character in the older stuff and I personally think it's great fun to paint. I don't think I'm really nostalgic for it, but I just appreciate it for the nice sculpting that it is.

Having said that, when I saw a little kid on Saturday mornings we used to watch Land of the Lost and I thought that was the greatest thing since dirt. I saw pieces of the original ones though a few years back and was utterly let down with what I used to consider cool and cutting edge drama (it was the young nerd in me back then). So who knows, maybe I have a skewed view of the world.

Edited by 72moonglum