"My name is Stewart. May I have some cheese please?"

I think it's well done and has a great little internal story for those of us who read waaay too much.

• Like 3

Holy cow that is cute!

Until it comes at you all fangs and squealing and bites your PC's face off. Nice job on the mini. Makes me want to paint mine up.

• Like 1

"Great gnashy teeth!"

That's all I can think when I see them.

Colours etc are all good. Bring on the rest of the swarm!

Edited by ObsidianCrane
  • Like 1

Love the base , I shall be copying this rat! How long did it take? Any plans to use it on a gaming table?

Great stuff oneboot look forward to many more!

• Like 1

:blush:

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone! The awesome community here has been so supportive and motivating!

@Shogun - The base was 4 drops Reaper Blood Red, 1 drop Reaper Dusky Skin. The cement lines I just went over again with Reaper Pure White and a tiny little brush. If you want a detailed, step-by-step on how I painted him, I put a link to the WIP up in the original post. As for how long he took, um...I worked on him off and on for a few days...I'd estimate maybe 2-3 hours? Maybe more, maybe less, I completely lose track of time when I'm painting because I get so focused! And yes, all of my Bones minis will be intended for gaming. ::):

Oh, and I think I'm going to have to call him Stuart. I'm sorta regretting not giving him clothes, that would have been awesome. :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

lol!! That is...significantly more work than I plan on spending on a single rat. :) Especially given that two minis that players picked out for use in the game I'm currently in will need some modification, one quite a bit.

Huzzah!

That's not "just a rat" OneBoot . . . That's a Cute & Adorable Deadly Rat! Good job and serious congratulations. He really looks Good!

Edited by Tom T
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneBoot
      *blows a thick layer of dust off of her tiny corner of the WIP section*

*sneezes violently*

Wow, it's been...way too long since I last posted a project here! 

So, this is an idea I've had bouncing around in my head since Argent was announced, and I've finally gotten around to putting it into action. This is just for fun, and unless it turns out unexpectedly amazing, I don't plan to enter him at ReaperCon, which makes him just right for easing me back into regular painting!

My original idea was this: I discovered a paint pen that holds the EPITOME OF SHINY CHROME DELICIOUSNESS (search for Molotow Liquid Chrome Marker if you too want to revel in the glorious shiny) (also a shoutout to @LordDave for introducing me to this loveliness!). I already HAVE a shiny metallic dragon in my Ma'al drakar, and I couldn't have two all-metallic gigantic dragons in one household. It would just lead to bickering and drama about who's the favorite and oh-she-smudged-my-scales oh-no-I-didn't-he-started-it and honestly who even needs that? SO I wanted to experiment with painting Argent up using regular paints, then using the paint pen just on select scales and edges as a highlight.

In my head it looks FREAKING AWESOME.  Buuuut since there's a lot of unknowns about this pen and how well reality will conform to my vision...

First up, I tried my original plan of regular paint with chrome on the edges of stuff. I slopped these paints:

onto part of a spare Bones Battleguard Golem, since these are some of the colors I'm planning to use on Argent (haven't fully settled on my color scheme for him, but that'll come later). I forgot to take pictures of that part, so you'll just have to use your imagination!

Next, I used the chrome pen to try a few things; outlining armor segments, dot highlights, thicker vs. thinner lines, etc. And...none of them actually looked all that good. The chrome is just so very distractingly shiny compared to the matte paint that it just looks...bad.  But that's okay! This is what doing science is all about: trying lots of things and seeing what works! (Also known as "throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks" but I thought that might get kind of messy in this context)

So, next I tried chroming an entire shoulder section and glazing some of the Clear Phthalo Blue over the top.

(sorry for the blurry pictures, I may have been quivering from excitement )
      (also ignore the random bits of gold, those are from a previous unrelated experiment)

This looked...much more promising! Huzzah!

Which brings me both to the next phase of testing, and my next post because this one has gotten long enough!

Huzzah!
    • By Inarah
      Here's a handful of speed paints from my Thanksgiving Paint Binge last month.  On the left, Sethis the mummy king, on the right one of the Bones mummies of Hakir.  In the front, for everyone's pleasure some good old rats. 

• By OneBoot
      This is going to be one of the most ambitious projects I've ever attempted, so I thought making a WIP thread would be a good idea.   If everything goes well, I plan to enter this beastie at ReaperCon this year, so fingers crossed!

This is an idea I've had bouncing around in my head for awhile, and started gathering materials for it last year.

My plan is to take this lovely critter:

and rather than using the shipwreck as a base, use half of one of these:

and paint the Kraken to look all spacey and such.

So! To that end, I now have one of these!

I'll just be using the top half for the base, though:

Which means that the bottom hemisphere is available for...testing.

Huzzah!
    • By Ratmaster2000
      So while I was doing the insane Mousling project, I painted up Mr. Bones (along with Garrick AKA Sir Forscale) to test out how the Matte Finish would lay down (I was going to test through an airbrush, but I got short on time, so it just ended up straight from the bottle brush painted, maybe next time haha). This is the finished paint job, though I do not think I had hit it with the Matte yet.
      As always, C&C is appreciated. Overall, I was really happy with how he turned out.

• Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)