Which to buy first

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

• Like 7

1 & 2 are the foundational ones. So I always recommend those as a pair. But like Cassu said, if you can only go with one for with #1. Drybrushing and washes are the primitive end of the painting scale, but they've served many of us for many years. Kit 2 will introduce you to layering, which was full-on voodoo witchcraft when I first heard of it.

4 takes layering up a notch and refines it, it's good for extra practice. If you intend to paint well, layering will likely be a key weapon in you arsenal so there's no such thing as too much practice.

Kit 5 will then take you and your layering skills on an adventure to the world of demi-metallics, where you will come to know the strange ritual of mixing metallic paints you used in Kit #1 with regular paints! I know, it sounds weird. But you'll like it.

And then finally Kit #3. Now that order might seem really strange, but back in the day when I had fewer grey goblin hairs, there were only 3 kits. So back then #3 was the last one. Now with 4 and 5, it makes sense to be last still - even if the number didn't change.

Why?

Well in Kit #3 lie the greatest of all the great secrets... the hallowed halls of non-metallic metal. Where your journey as an adventurous painter will be complete and you will receive your robes as a fully inducted Paint Knight (master takes a long time). Here you will learn how to use perfectly normal paint to make it look like it is actually shiny metal.

I know! Crazy, right? But true. All true. Goblin's honor.

So 1 if you can only do 1. 1&2 for the foundations. All 5 if you can manage it (this will not only provide you with many hours of fun and excellent instruction, but will build a real nice palette at the same time).

Welcome to the club!

• Like 10

[snip]

Would you mind sending me your post of most excellent L2PK info? The site won't let me send a message to myself <_< and I've been looking for this ever since I first read it some time ago. Thank you!!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D