psyberwolfe1

77015: Bugbear Warrior

Very nice, basing included. I echo Buglips comment: the skin looks great. If I had to make one suggestion it would be the hair on his head and back looks a little flat; maybe a slight drybrushing is in order?

Do you mind sharing what materials/process you use for the grass on the base? I'm sort of stuck in a rut with rocks and sand, and little tufts of bushes (like what you have on the left in the first picture). I'm not sure how to get a good grassy field effect. Is that just static grass, or something else too?

• Like 2

Oooh I do like the way you've done this model. That skin tone and it's highlights are most excellent. He really pops and you've based him so very well.

• Like 1

Very nice, basing included. I echo Buglips comment: the skin looks great. If I had to make one suggestion it would be the hair on his head and back looks a little flat; maybe a slight drybrushing is in order?

Do you mind sharing what materials/process you use for the grass on the base? I'm sort of stuck in a rut with rocks and sand, and little tufts of bushes (like what you have on the left in the first picture). I'm not sure how to get a good grassy field effect. Is that just static grass, or something else too?

So the base is a GF9 bulk 40mm round. I super glued the bugbear to the base and then used Golden Coarse Pumice Gel over the entire base and covered up the integral base the bugbear was on. I then painted the base using VMC (Vallejo Model Color) US Tan Earth and then started adding VMC Iraqi Sand to drybrush over it. I then apply unthinned white glue in patches and then put Woodland Scenics Earth Blend flock dowon top and blow off the excess. I then apply Woodland Scenics Light Green Static Grass on the patches of flock before the glue has time to dry. Let it sit for a minute dump off the excess, turn the base upside down and thump it to get the grass to stick up. Then I add the foliage clumps and I'm done.

• Like 5

Slashhamster is correct. More highlighting on the hair/fur parts. The skin is nicely shaded and highlighted. Well done there.

If I'm right, I think the base is sand, static grass, and some green flocking. :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the details! Very similar process to what I use; I'm just missing the turf blend and static grass. I have some turf but it's way to...turf-like (looks like an artificial football field). I'll see if I can find what you're using; I don't recall if my local Hobby Lobby carries it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the details! Very similar process to what I use; I'm just missing the turf blend and static grass. I have some turf but it's way to...turf-like (looks like an artificial football field). I'll see if I can find what you're using; I don't recall if my local Hobby Lobby carries it.

They do I bought it there.

He looks fantastic! Thanks for the run-down on how you did the base, it looks fantastic and matches the mini so well. The leather on this mini is painted so well! Love the different shades of brown too. Very nice.

• Like 1

I just have to pop in and mention that the skin is really a standout. I see this model painted pretty basic a lot of the times, but this one is just awe to the some, awesome.

• Like 1