Darius Glenwell

Bones Bugbears by Darius (aka: Midwest Miniature Guy

Since a few people have gotten the KS or purchased the Bones Bugbears via their FLGS I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring as well. Here's my take on them. No crazy scenic bases as these will be thrown onto the gaming table tonight! About 3 hours of work on them as well. Thanks for looking. :D

post-4948-0-08307200-1373550503_thumb.jpg post-4948-0-73083200-1373550530_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

I think they look cool, although the one on the right in the first pic certainly has a worse case of rubber mace syndrome.

It's not rubber mace syndrome; he's just swinging it that hard. Poor dwarf… :devil:

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      Last new post for the day.
      Here is another BONES Tick.  I have 2 more and a queen.
      This is the 4th painted one, and I painted it while I painted the centipedes.  I wanted some bright colors and bright markings.
      C&C Welcome.

• By Darcstaar
      I painted this large water elemental several months back to fill a gap in my water elemental supply.  It started out translucent blue, but I painted it opaque.  I haven't tried inking the transulcents like others have, I lack the inks, and feel I get good control with opaques.  I wanted a simple beach sand looking base, to suggest he has washed up on the beach to harass sunbathers.  C&C Welcome.

• By Darcstaar
      I painted this up quickly several months back, to swell the ranks of water elementals.  It was translucent blue, but I painted it opaque.  I feel I have more control that way, and don't have the spiffy inks everyone says work so well on the translucent BONES minis.
      C&C Welcome.

• By Darcstaar
      Here are another pair of Giant Centipedes.  I have 6 total of these, and these are the 4th and 5th to receive paint.
      Simple, bright green with some red eyes and antennae for contrast.  C&C welcome.

• By Peithetairos
      I finished my Leisynn conversion. Took ages, especially with a new baby boy in the house.

That said, I am fairly pleased how he turned out. I changed the entire front and head area of the miniature and gave him a more sensible staff.

I think contrast could be increased overall and the subtle freehand on his robes was difficult. I will need to practice more with future minis. 

The illumination in the book turned out ok, but I came to the limits of my current abilities. It is based on a medieval illumination. Anyone can guess what it is? One hint: the horned one is involved.

C&C very welcome.
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 103 Guests (See full list)