dispatchdave

Southeastern Caster's Party - Next Meet Sept 29th, 2013, Treefort Games ATL

So, Bonwirn and I get together every so often to play with our Hirst Arts molds, and generally hang about.

We'd like to open up to rest of the community, and so I am offering up my place for a Southeastern Meetup/Casting Party. It's a glassblowing studio outside of Athens, GA, so if you're nearby*, you should come on out!

This isn't necessarily limited to HA stuff; if you want to paint you should come too! If you just want to come and hang out, that's also cool.

We're planning on one of the first two weekends in August, but have not set a firm date. Is anyone around interested in joining us?

-Dave

*nearby = Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia, possibly other states, if you feel like driving

Edited by dispatchdave

Wish I was a bit more local than PA for this! It's been a long time since I've broken out the molds and had a good casting session.

• Like 1

Wish I was a bit more local than PA for this! It's been a long time since I've broken out the molds and had a good casting session.

How far from Philly? We go up there once a year for our wholesale show in February....

A good bit, since we're in Pittsburgh. But we make it across the state to Philly on occasion!

There is a guy in Pittsburg, goes by the handle of Gotopless on the Hirst Arts boards. He is always looking for folks to hang out. I may be making a trip to Pittsburg in September on business.

Always looking for ways to spread the joy. Also, if not into building, could always come for basing supplies...

@Bonwirm, thanks for the lead. I'm not active on the HA boards, but I know there's got to be a few people in town working with molding. I occasionally see some HA terrain in use at my FLGS, although not as frequently as I once did. I know I didn't build it, so it must have come from around here somewhere.... :ph34r:

As far as basing supplies go, I've still got a pretty huge backlog of pieces already cast - but I love the idea of a casting party where you might be able swap castings with people who have different molds.

Painting minis, and living in a somewhat smaller house, have back-burnered some of my building projects a bit, but I still love the stuff. One of these days...a devoted gaming room with lots of shelving for terrain and minis. Must-have on my future house wishlist!

I'd be happy to try to put together some kind of paint night/build night for folks passing through the area. I also need to start figuring out ways to road-trip out to visit other hobby friends in the 5-hour or less drive radius; I miss the regularly scheduled hobby socials that used to happen at the FLGS. And then there are the non-mini-related visits I need to make, too. If only work didn't take up so much of my time!

• Like 1

If there is not at least three tangents going on any thread.... That only mans that Buglips, Cashwiley and Darsc haven't posted yet...

• Like 3

I am good for the 11th. Has Adrift seen this (PM him maybe?) I have not seen him post much recently. He is probably buried under his pile of Bones and hasn't checked the board lately.

• Like 1

Looks like we are set up the Sunday, August 11.n time has yet to be finalized, but probably will be 10ish until 4 ish or so... Depends on temperature, food, and other such mundane things

• Like 1

Date and time confirmed! Sunday, August 11 from sometime around 11 am until 5ish. That will give folks driving in a chance to sleep in a bit as well as make it home in a reasonable amount of time and still catch Falling Skies...

Date and time confirmed! Sunday, August 11 from sometime around 11 am until 5ish. That will give folks driving in a chance to sleep in a bit as well as make it home in a reasonable amount of time and still catch Falling Skies...

Also, since I live here, people can feel free to stay later (or show up earlier, you just might have to be entertained by my in-laws for a bit).

-Dave