Sign in to follow this  
Flow

Rauthuros!

WHOOO!!! He looks really good. You know I would look through the WIP forum looking for more updates but never saw it on the first page when I checked (yes I am to lazy to look through more than one page in a sub forum), so I missed a lot of updates. I really like the blue fading to the purple on the wings. I may have to try that scheme on one of the Bones Rauthuros I just got. Again, great job!

• Like 1

Beautiful! I, too, missed many updates. :down:

He turned out fantastically!!!! That blue is just lovely. Great icicles!

• Like 1

I must say I was skeptical of the OSL when you started it, but it turned out beautifully in the end. This is just a spectacular piece all around. Great work!

• Like 1

Nice work Flow. I will probably steal the blue color scheme for one of my many demons. (the miniature kind, not the real ones ;-))

• Like 1

This is an outstanding piece. How did you do the icicles?

Thank you!

The icicles were done using Woodland Scenics Water Effects. It's actually pretty easy - getting them glued on straight was the biggest challenge. I have pictures and stuff on page five of the WIP:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48913-flows-first-wip-rauthuros/page-5

I'm glad the blue is popular. I guess I feel the frozen side of Hades needs more love; these guys are typically done HOT.

I had lost count, the terrier I'm painting is #19!

I need to come up with something suitably epic for mini #20!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Erifnogard
      My Fire Demon was missing his lower jaw so I liberated Goroloth's head to replace it.  At that point his wings weren't impressive enough and he some new ones from Rauthuros.  The whole conversion took an hour and a half.  Due to the nature of the wing conversion and needing everything stable while I figured out how to attach them I had to glue everything but the shoulder pads, hands, and base together.  Those pieces will not be glued till at least base coating.  Also have to do some minor greenstuff blending around the wing joins and between the head and neck.  I may potentially swap out the sword for something else, trident maybe.  At any rate, here's the pictures!

• By Grumpy Cave Bear
      It's been a while since I posted, but I'm liking this fellow enough to show off.

He's not quite finished, but not a "work in progress", either. I was going to take a few photos to see if i missed anything before final assembly and varnishing, then decided to upload them to the forum.

I drew inspiration for his color scheme from his concept art on p.23 of the Warlords first edition rule book. I've been working on him pretty steadily for over a month, and I now see the end.

The weapons are an eclectic mix of metallic drybrushing on one weapon, and NMM painting on others. I was going to experiment with shading a weapon with NMM techniques, then glaze over it with a metallic paint. But when I finished the undercoat color, I liked it and decided i was done.

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: For spelling.
    • By GunslingerXIX
      Rauthuros sans tail.

• By robinh
      Below is my version of the Demon Rauthuros. I basically started off with a dark red lining and topped his skin with a layer of blue and then layered it back using various shades of red.  His wings are Brick red with layering of blue, dusky skin and red.

I aplogise for the camera work but even with white balancing out of gimp this is the best I can do.

comments, critiques, suggestions for future.. all are welcome.. or you can just say hello!

• By imars
      I finished my Bones Rauthuros last night (except for the clear coat). What do you think? (I included Gandalf for scale.) You can see the stages of painting on my blog: Parhoon Naval Yards. Only 235 figures to go.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)