• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it really depends on the mini. Resin is very brittle and I have 2 other resin minis that aren't so fragile, but they have less little spindle-y bits like the Monkey King's staff and tail. Resin is great for display pieces that won't be handled much because you can get gorgeous details in resin, but sometimes very hard to work with.
It's kind if a trade-off between detail and workability.

• Like 3

You broke his right left?

Man poor guy!

He looks awesome though. I really like the ribbon green stuff, I just assumed it was part of the miniature until I read what you did.

How did you do the base?

Gah, please excuse that. Fixed now. I have a thing where things I type seem correct, and I have a very associative memory so of course to the word that follows right was left. I also have similar problems speaking, I often say the wrong word to what I meant and when I write by hand I often write the last few letters of a word first and come back and do the first ones afterwards. My brain is a little weird, I do apologize. Usually I triple-check things I post online but sometimes things slip through.

I am very scattered-brained, or have what my husband calls 'artist brain,' or what the t.v. show Adventure Time calls 'poo brain.' :blush:

The original base the mini comes with is a dusty, rocky outcropping, but I wanted to have some greenery so before priming I covered a few areas with green stuff and pressed a rock into it to give it a textured surface:

base.jpg

I've edited my original post with some better photos of the mini, higher res and less washed-out.

Edited by Cassu

beautiful work, but your problems are the reason I stay away from resin since most of my minis will end up on the game table... thus in pieces...

Thankfully the two other resin pieces I have are going to be display pieces and not tabletop gaming minis. One is the limited addition Studio McVey Akarui and she's limited addition and I'd be heart-broken if anything happened to her.

Hah - don't mind me, I was just teasing. I laughed out loud at the thought of him lying in pieces crying out 'My right left! Noooooooooo'. Not sure why, it just triggers my funny meter.

And thanks for the link and extra pieces, the rocks are part of the base itself. I like your additions though, they really bring what could be a bland rock face to life.

• Like 1

Hah - don't mind me, I was just teasing. I laughed out loud at the thought of him lying in pieces crying out 'My right left! Noooooooooo'. Not sure why, it just triggers my funny meter.

And thanks for the link and extra pieces, the rocks are part of the base itself. I like your additions though, they really bring what could be a bland rock face to life.

Teehee that's okay, my friend point it out too when I slip up in conversation.

Thanks for your comments about the rocks. I like the idea of the dusty, rocky base but for the look and feel of this character I wanted to place him a lusher environment.

It looks great. I love the added detail you put into it. Yes, their resin is very delicate, but they have some interesting original concepts that make their sculpts very attractive. You have to be real gentle with them and I don't recommend Fenryll for anyone who doesn't have a delicate touch.

• Like 1