Planning for RC '14- I have questions

Kay

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, typically, is the painting contest held over one day or all of them? I would like to go but can probably only do one day.

Depends which painting contest you are talking about. You can do the speed painting contest as I think all the rounds are on the same day. The submitted entry painting contest might be a bit tricky. The miniatures are submitted Thursday through Saturday and the awards are given out Saturday afternoon. As long as you have someone that can pick up your mini for you at the end, I can't see why you couldn't enjoy both events.

I normally hate competitions. They stress me out. However, I love the format of the Reaper painting contest as the only person I really am competing against is myself. The 3 judges mark you entry and evaluate the level of painting ability it shows. So for me, I am just going to try and improve on my score from last year.

There are other prizes awarded for best in category and best in show but I don't worry about them.

Edited by MiniCannuck

Some other notes about the painting competition. Entries are, indeed, submitted Thursday through Saturday but the main judging is done on Friday night. Saturday entries are only allowed if you are only going to be there Saturday and have to been in by noon and only if there is room (has not been an issue so far). You must enter all entries at once, i.e. you cannot submit an entry Thursday night and another one on Friday. Miniatures need to be grouped by category and painter so the judges can do their work as efficiently as possible.

If you are there Thursday and/or Friday you will not be allowed to make Saturday submissions.

No, they have not released any information on the hotel yet.

Would really help in my decision to go next year. Hopefully info is released soon.

Last year, I don't think the hotel was confirmed before the 3rd or 4th week of January.

Update: It looks like Ron posted hotel information on Jan 25 last year. Of course, that doesn't prove much about this year.

Edited by klarg1

Are there any lists for unofficial games held at the Con? Unofficial in as much as they are just random gaming events that attendees can host or participate in? And must they be from the RM games catalog or can anything fly? Thanks.

Edited by wargamer1972