Planning for RC '14- I have questions

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, typically, is the painting contest held over one day or all of them? I would like to go but can probably only do one day.

Depends which painting contest you are talking about. You can do the speed painting contest as I think all the rounds are on the same day. The submitted entry painting contest might be a bit tricky. The miniatures are submitted Thursday through Saturday and the awards are given out Saturday afternoon. As long as you have someone that can pick up your mini for you at the end, I can't see why you couldn't enjoy both events.

I normally hate competitions. They stress me out. However, I love the format of the Reaper painting contest as the only person I really am competing against is myself. The 3 judges mark you entry and evaluate the level of painting ability it shows. So for me, I am just going to try and improve on my score from last year.

There are other prizes awarded for best in category and best in show but I don't worry about them.

Edited by MiniCannuck

Some other notes about the painting competition. Entries are, indeed, submitted Thursday through Saturday but the main judging is done on Friday night. Saturday entries are only allowed if you are only going to be there Saturday and have to been in by noon and only if there is room (has not been an issue so far). You must enter all entries at once, i.e. you cannot submit an entry Thursday night and another one on Friday. Miniatures need to be grouped by category and painter so the judges can do their work as efficiently as possible.

If you are there Thursday and/or Friday you will not be allowed to make Saturday submissions.

No, they have not released any information on the hotel yet.

Would really help in my decision to go next year. Hopefully info is released soon.

Last year, I don't think the hotel was confirmed before the 3rd or 4th week of January.

Update: It looks like Ron posted hotel information on Jan 25 last year. Of course, that doesn't prove much about this year.

Edited by klarg1

Are there any lists for unofficial games held at the Con? Unofficial in as much as they are just random gaming events that attendees can host or participate in? And must they be from the RM games catalog or can anything fly? Thanks.

Edited by wargamer1972

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sculptdude
      We are very excited to be able to come back and participate at ReaperCon again this year!
      There are a ton of new releases that will be in-stock at the show and a couple of other special items.

Bombshell Miniatures presents the 2021 Golden Maelee Award. This is a Sponsored Award section of the annual Reaper Master Series Open Painting Contest. All entries will be awarded a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Bombshell Dog Tag depending on the level of painting and presentation of each entry. The brand new, larger, Golden Maelee trophies will be awarded to the top three paint jobs (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) depending on the number of entries.

Entries will need to feature at least one or more Bombshell Miniatures as the prominent subject. This can be anything from Babes, Sidekicks, KritterKins, to robots, or busts. Each entry will be judged on its own merit of painting execution, presentation, and skill.

Entries from artists who have been professionally commissioned by Bombshell Miniatures are ineligible for the Golden Maelee Trophy at this time, they may still receive Dog Tag awards.

BADGE RIBBONS
      We have some new ribbons. Come by our booth and receive our Bombshell ribbon for your visit.
      You may receive one of the other themed ribbons depending on your purchase.

THE RESIN VAT
      This year we will be offering seconds and mis-cast resin parts for sale by weight. Just scoop out what you want and we'll weigh it at check-out.
      Although these castings didn't pass muster, you may find a gem that is just right for that conversion or terrain project down the line.

COUNTERBLAST FOR SAVAGE WORLDS
      Over the past year we have been working on creating a setting book of our Counterblast game for the Savage Worlds RPG.
      Come by our booth and get the details to sit in on a couple of impromptu RPG preview sessions during the con.
      There may even be freebies involved!

We are super excited to visit with all of you again and we're looking forward to see what you've been painting!
      Patrick & Vicky

• By Reaper_Jon
      Admission Tickets!
      Swag Box Pre-orders

Hotels:
      Embassy Suites (Sold out) - Some have said that calling and checking on cancellations could be worth it.
      La Quinta
      Fairfield Inn & Suites
      Best Western Plus Inn & Suites

Reaper University:
      Class Scheduling and Tickets - Class tickets: Not available yet.  --- Have been updated to show pricing. 

Sign-Ups:
      Online Teacher Sign-ups
      Want to run a game?
      Vendor booth application
      Volunteers application

MSP Open Helpful info:
      So you are thinking of entering the painting competition at ReaperCon?
      MSP Open judgeing what you are afraid to ask.
      Judgeing the ReaperCon MSP Open Painters Division
      Judgeing the ReaperCon MSP Open, Open Division
      Judgeing the MSP Open, Diorama Division
      Judgeing the ReaperCon MSP Open, Armorodnance Division

• By buckyball
      Hey its buc. I have run games of Rangers of Shadowdeep at Reapercon and the Reaper online conventions. Is there enough interest for me to run Rangers of Shadowdeep at Reapercon in person this year? Would it be better to put my effort into Stargrave and or Frostgrave?

buckyball
    • By buckyball
      I was considering running a game at Reapercon this year (assuming it happens). Is there interest in Stargrave as a convention event? Are other people planning on running the game at the convention?

buckyball
    • By Sylverthorne
      Yup, we're doing this again.
      Anyone else who's planning to drive may feel free to chime in; we'll be rolling down from Washington, but wherever you're coming from, welcome to post!

More details as plans evolve, of course. 
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)