Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news: I'm feeling mostly better!

Bad news: I appear to have given my cold to my poor husband. :down: His throat is super sore, and his voice is pretty much gone.

He's currently communicating by writing notes and tossing them at me. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Be glad he's not writing notes, wrapping them around bricks, and throwing them through the window. Though that is how Legitimate Business (TM Buglips Legitimate Business, Inc.) communicates with the "associates" that don't listen.

Fish brick!

tumblr_mv1nhzGOyp1qia2dho1_1280.jpg

• Like 12

Good news: I'm feeling mostly better!

Bad news: I appear to have given my cold to my poor husband. :down: His throat is super sore, and his voice is pretty much gone.

He's currently communicating by writing notes and tossing them at me. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Be glad he's not writing notes, wrapping them around bricks, and throwing them through the window. Though that is how Legitimate Business (TM Buglips Legitimate Business, Inc.) communicates with the "associates" that don't listen.

Fish brick!

tumblr_mv1nhzGOyp1qia2dho1_1280.jpg

HIRED!

• Like 7

**** A figure dressed in wide robes and wearing a headscarf that coveres all, walks into the thread****

**** A technicoloured wagging tail pokes out from under the robes***

*** Is the Goblin gone?  A croacking voice asks***

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 6

Ahh, y'all got busy in 24 hours! :O I'll have to catch up on Monday. I hope everyone's doing well! I actually started prepping my ReaperCon entry. ^_^

My family thinks it's funny that I eat popcorn with chopsticks.

I'm partly quoting so I don't lose my spot and partly because I was introduced to this by my brother-in-law a couple years ago! We were all a bit intoxicated, and I swore that I would hurt whoever messed up my Cards Against Humanity deck with their sticky fingers.

So my drunken BIL grabbed a pair of chopsticks from a drawer and crowed, "No sticky fingers NOW!" We were pretty impressed when he managed to actually pick up a Dorito with them. 

Though I'm sure you came to the conclusion in a much more reasonable manner..... :lol:

• Like 10

Ahhh... Can anyone with better googling skills help me? I'm looking for a way to pin minis to a base without a pin vice. Using a "-" before any key words doesn't really work, since you'd need talk about not having/needing a pin vice to do it that way. I'm hesitant to start a thread when there's probably already one out there. If anyone can find a link to a thread like that, please let me know! Otherwise I'll start a thread tomorrow about it.

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 4

Ahhh... Can anyone with better googling skills help me? I'm looking for a way to pin minis to a base without a pin vice. Using a "-" before any key words doesn't really work, since you'd need talk about not having/needing a pin vice to do it that way. I'm hesitant to start a thread when there's probably already one out there. If anyone can find a link to a thread like that, please let me know! Otherwise I'll start a thread tomorrow about it.

Bones or metal?

• Like 1

In Your search box (I use Mozilla) enter
"Pinning joints without using a pin vise"

That will give you the following:

From Librarium online:

Not sure exactly where this post should go, so here it is,

I don't have a pin vise for attaching those troublesome metal parts. The alternative I've used successfully is a combination of super glue and J-B Weld. The Weld stuff is basically an epoxy used by auto mechanics for metal parts. I take put a glob of Weld on the top of the joint and paint around it with super glue, then hold it in place until the super glue sets. The glue holds it while the Weld cures. I haven't tested this in a serious way for strength, but if the part doesn't fall off immediately, it seems to hold quite well. I tugged on a Tomb Spyder's arm a bit to test it. I've had some luck with this on the Deceiver, as well. The technique seems to work best on big joints with plenty of room. It's certainly cheaper than a vise and drill bits.

Weaf

++++++++++++

• Like 3

Bones or metal?

Metal, sorry!

In Your search box (I use Mozilla) enter

"Pinning joints without using a pin vise"

That will give you the following:

From Librarium online:

Not sure exactly where this post should go, so here it is,

I don't have a pin vise for attaching those troublesome metal parts. The alternative I've used successfully is a combination of super glue and J-B Weld. The Weld stuff is basically an epoxy used by auto mechanics for metal parts. I take put a glob of Weld on the top of the joint and paint around it with super glue, then hold it in place until the super glue sets. The glue holds it while the Weld cures. I haven't tested this in a serious way for strength, but if the part doesn't fall off immediately, it seems to hold quite well. I tugged on a Tomb Spyder's arm a bit to test it. I've had some luck with this on the Deceiver, as well. The technique seems to work best on big joints with plenty of room. It's certainly cheaper than a vise and drill bits.

Weaf

++++++++++++

Thanks! When I kept my search mini-specific, that one didn't pop up. Joints is a much better search term!

What I may try to do then: Super glue/weld the pieces to a cured piece of sculpey, and then green stuff the area around the feet. I'll be GSing the bottom area anyways to have it blend in with the rest of the piece.

• Like 4