Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anywho, I think Lowe's has screwed up my stove order. It's at the store, I got the call from the installer, and had an appointment on Friday. Friday comes, installer shows up, takes measurements, and then goes to leave. I ask where my stove is, and he says the only paperwork he had was for an assessment, not an actual install. Says I'll be getting a call this week to pay for the install and set up an install appointment. Except that when I paid for the stove last Sunday, I specifically said I wanted to pay for everything, including the install, at that time. Either they didn't charge me for the install, or they didn't do the right paperwork. Either way, I'm going to be heading out there in a day or two and giving an earful and making sure I don't have to pay another penny for the install.

I should have had my stove on Friday, and I didn't get it! ME ARE ANGRY! ME WANT NEW SHINY! ME WANT NEW FIRE! NEW FIRE GOOD! OLD FIRE BAD!

My shiny new stove is still sitting in my garage, because when they went to install it there wasn't quite enough room. It's going to take me all month to get cabinet and granite people to sort out the screw up they did when they built my kitchen. So I feel your pain.

Also, I may have to lay off the Likes for a while, I was getting a little carried away there...

• Like 7

Anywho, I think Lowe's has screwed up my stove order. It's at the store, I got the call from the installer, and had an appointment on Friday. Friday comes, installer shows up, takes measurements, and then goes to leave. I ask where my stove is, and he says the only paperwork he had was for an assessment, not an actual install. Says I'll be getting a call this week to pay for the install and set up an install appointment. Except that when I paid for the stove last Sunday, I specifically said I wanted to pay for everything, including the install, at that time. Either they didn't charge me for the install, or they didn't do the right paperwork. Either way, I'm going to be heading out there in a day or two and giving an earful and making sure I don't have to pay another penny for the install.

I should have had my stove on Friday, and I didn't get it! ME ARE ANGRY! ME WANT NEW SHINY! ME WANT NEW FIRE! NEW FIRE GOOD! OLD FIRE BAD!

My shiny new stove is still sitting in my garage, because when they went to install it there wasn't quite enough room. It's going to take me all month to get cabinet and granite people to sort out the screw up they did when they built my kitchen. So I feel your pain.

Also, I may have to lay off the Likes for a while, I was getting a little carried away there...

For real fun you need to affect a thick accent of indeterminate origin and pronounce oven slightly off so it sounds like you inserted an L.

"Hello, am looking for lovin.  Big lovin, must be big.  Also need can be hot.  How much would be big, hot lovin?"

I get hung up on a lot. 

• Like 15

For real fun you need to affect a thick accent of indeterminate origin and pronounce oven slightly off so it sounds like you inserted an L.

"Hello, am looking for lovin. Big lovin, must be big. Also need can be hot. How much would be big, hot lovin?"

I get hung up on a lot.

When I worked as one of the lesser scourges of the earth, a telemarketer, we used to play games like that. My favorite was "Bucket." You had to insert the word bucket into your script as quickly as you could. Say "bucket" out loud really fast. Now imagine that over a phone connection, with all the loss and static that comes with it.

It was a hard one to play, much harder than the ones where you just mispronounced a word already in the script.

• Like 7