Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G'mornin' all.... -yawn-

I've had various Beauty and the Beast songs stuck in my head all weekend, though now a line has changed a bit...

"There must be more than this cubicle liiiiiiife......"

There is, there is, it is called weekend.

Also vacation and at a certain time in a galaxy far far away, retirement.

But you can cheat!

When at work, think as much about happy things as you can.

Next time you're in a meeting, just put on a straight face, look at the corporate guy/gal who's crunching numbers and nodd every few minutes.

In the meantime, just think about wolves, dolphins, smurfs or whatever makes you happy..

AAARRROOOO!!!!

Just be sure to keep at least part of your brain dedicated to listening to the conversation or you get:

Corporate Drone: So Mori, how are the network upgrades going?

Mori: We've almost retaken Helm's Deep!

Corporate Drone: ...

Solid advice!!

Most can be countered with a standard answer..

Corporate Drone :  Question X

Reply: I'll get back to you!

Then at the end of the meeting ask for a handout ...

Read up the part where YOU are supposed to do something.

An alternative

Corporate Drone : Question X

Reply: You Can't handle the truth!!!

"Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank."

• Like 10

So, I ordered some Kings of War stuff off of Amazon last month, all third party but kept in the Amazon shipping warehouses, and one of the things I was sent was the wrong item. Instead of a regiment it was a troop, which is half the models. So I asked for a refund and sent it back a couple days later. Then, the other day I got an email saying that I only had until Friday to send the item back or they'd re-charge me for the item. I got confused, and then I spent the last two days looking for it to make sure I had indeed sent it back already. I can't find it, and I've looked everywhere that it would have ever been since it got delivered.

But then I looked at the order again, and it shows tracking for the return, which was delivered to them on the 16th. Then I look at the order even more, and notice that another item, which I know I didn't return and which I still have in my possession, is listed as having been returned. I'm thinking that, in some way or another, they managed to mess up the returns processing and that item got counted as the return by mistake. Either that or by some massive screwup on the third party seller's end the items were listed completely wrong and the spearman that I was shipped were listed in inventory as bowmen and vice versa.

Well the joke's on them, because the spearmen are the ones I didn't want to return and which are still in my possession, and which are actually credited to me as having been returned, and they're the more expensive of the two! Only by about 2 dollars, but I still count that as a win if they end up canceling the refund on the bowmen and still giving me the refund on the spears.

• Like 6

G'mornin' all.... -yawn-

I've had various Beauty and the Beast songs stuck in my head all weekend, though now a line has changed a bit...

"There must be more than this cubicle liiiiiiife......"

There is, there is, it is called weekend.

Also vacation and at a certain time in a galaxy far far away, retirement.

But you can cheat!

When at work, think as much about happy things as you can.

Next time you're in a meeting, just put on a straight face, look at the corporate guy/gal who's crunching numbers and nodd every few minutes.

In the meantime, just think about wolves, dolphins, smurfs or whatever makes you happy..

AAARRROOOO!!!!

Just be sure to keep at least part of your brain dedicated to listening to the conversation or you get:

Corporate Drone: So Mori, how are the network upgrades going?

Mori: We've almost retaken Helm's Deep!

Corporate Drone: ...

Solid advice!!

Most can be countered with a standard answer..

Reply: I'll get back to you!

Then at the end of the meeting ask for a handout ...

Read up the part where YOU are supposed to do something.

An alternative

Reply: You Can't handle the truth!!!

"Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank."

"Blank? BLANK?! You're not looking at the big picture!"

• Like 8

Angry Old Dude who donated money to the government: Why am I dealing with you? Why are you dealing with my gift?

Hamster: Cause... it's my job?

AOD: I was dealing with your boss

H: Yes sir. And he told me to do it.

AOD: What authority do you have to deal with my gift?

H: Sir, it's literally my job.

AOD: That's unacceptable.

H: ...

AOD: ...

H: I'm... sorry?

AOD: You should be.

Thanks Monday.

• Like 14