Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I slept pretty much all day. Well, in my case all night. I didn't fall asleep yesterday until after 4, because doctors visit, but then I woke up at about 3am, and went back to sleep again at maybe 6:30 at the latest. Now it's noon and I'm waking up again. Now I'm gonna have to stay awake until at least 8am, of not longer, because otherwise I'll be screwed at work tomorrow.

But I'm in R5-D4 mode these days. It's gonna be rough.

• Like 3

Chocolate bats! That sounds amazing. :wub:

It looks like I'll be making them this afternoon, because timing.

Really it's just cute little molds and tempered chocolate.

We have little skull molds too.

• Like 9

I couldn't care less about likes..( said the God of Like-Bombing ::P: ).

Some people ( like me) post a lot, there are others out there who seldom post.

That doesn't mean somebody is automatically more or less popular.

There is a lot going on on this forum, hobby related as well as random stuff and even serious discussions.

I value all of you.

We are all contributing to a good thing here.

And I don't care if you contribute a little or a lot.

As long as you do and in a positive way, I value your input.

So all those numbers are just that..numbers...to play with or to ignore.

They do not mean that much.

The only numbers I do find really really meaningful, when I have painted something, the likes and comments I get then, those I find very valuable.

I can learn from the feedback and the likes are a little way to see if my painted mini appeals to others.

However, even then, if I painted it and like it myself, then that's the first important thing.

All else is fun and good to hear...

If nobody would like my stuff, then I wouldn't quit or throw it away... :upside:

I do like to learn from all these fantastic people here. And I did.

The last few years have brought more improvement than the decades before.

So to quote a very wise person:

Wwhhhyyyy soooo Seriousss???

• Like 12

Who in their right mind wants a world full of healthy, smart, happy kids?! Insanity!

It would mean the end of Darwinism as we know it. Life wouldn't be picking off the genetic and/or intellectual stragglers and the population issues would get exponentially worse. If they didn't solve the issue of competition for limited resources, they'd eventually end up with a Blade Runner-style overcrowded dystopia, and if they did, there's a good chance that society would simply stagnate rather than continue to advance...

Instead the bad brain attacked and has been plaguing me with dumb things like how useless all my notes are, and that there are already plenty of other sculptors and minis, nobody needs any more, even if I sculpted things other than minis they wouldn't be needed, etc....

Screw the world and everybody else in it. :rolleyes:

Your notes helped YOU.

None of those other sculptors are making the minis YOU want to make.

None of them are giving them away to YOU or your friends.

YOU need them, or obviously YOU wouldn't be making them...

Screw the rest of the world and what they need or want.

It ain't about them. Never was, never will be.

• Like 9

Ok, I think I have entered into the Madhouse...

From the Thanksgiving Paint Binge thread:

Hmmm... this sounds like fun, but I have the whole week off and was planning on starting my painting on the 18th and going through the 23rd.  I won't get many done in the window of the 24th through the 26th with the annual family gathering (my family always meets for Thanksgiving, not for Christmas).  Might be able to do some late on the 26th and then a lot on the 27th again.  May have to do a separate but similar thing.

Edit:  After thinking about this, I really need to get back on all of the Zombicide figures I bought for my wife.  I'll plan for working on the Black Plague set (because we enjoy it far more than the modern rules and love the dashboards) to get as many of the zombies painted as possible.  I will not be painting the Abomination or the Necromancer from the base set, nor any of the heroes.  Just the zombies.  I do not see any way I will be able to paint 63 zombies, so this will be a test to see how many of these I can paint.  

So, for the next week or two, instead of painting Goblins, I need to get to cleaning mold lines and have them all ready to go so I can begin priming on the 18th and see how far down the rabbit hole I can go.

But, if I can clear some of these out, I can buy more goodwill to get more minis! Muwhaahaa...

And now... to plan... and test...

• Like 7

X marks the acknowledgment of limited liability, acceptance of the refund policy, and waiver of rights to class action.  By carving X, you agree to release Legitimate Business, LLC from any responsibility for eternal damnation, death, serious injury, or dismemberment express or implied.  This agreement contains words known to the State of California to cause cancer. 

FTFY

• Like 5

Instead the bad brain attacked and has been plaguing me with dumb things like how useless all my notes are, and that there are already plenty of other sculptors and minis, nobody needs any more, even if I sculpted things other than minis they wouldn't be needed, etc....

Screw the world and everybody else in it. :rolleyes:

Your notes helped YOU.

None of those other sculptors are making the minis YOU want to make.

None of them are giving them away to YOU or your friends.

YOU need them, or obviously YOU wouldn't be making them...

Screw the rest of the world and what they need or want.

It ain't about them. Never was, never will be.

So much truth in this right here.
  • Like 3