Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

Gee, I have a conundrum:  ?

One of my former co-workers/office mates called to tell me that a certain contractor was looking

for "seasoned, highly experienced test Engineers.  They had just opened up the requisitions.

He recommended that they contact me, and wanted to know how I felt about that.

Should I contact him an apologize for the tea being spit across the room, or the maniacal laughter

that probably split his ear drum ?  He said... "hmmm... guess you aren't interested" ?

ROFL !!!!

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there have been more female warriors through the ages:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141029-amazons-scythians-hunger-games-herodotus-ice-princess-tattoo-cannabis/

Oh and read up on the Celts, the Romans were terrified of them, especially when they brought their wives with them..

Sometimes a traitorous little thought will pipe up and question why I have so many games that I will never actually get around to playing. I of course take the only reasonable course of action in addressing this thought by proceeding to mercilessly scrub it from my consciousness.

The best move would be to counter this feeling by buying another game!

I think all world powers should settle differences not with war, but with tactical miniatures games.

Though what would a certain miniature company charge on a per figure basis of they knew that the defense budgets of several first world countries were available.

You might ask a certain British Miniature Empire, I think they're already on it...

Chocolate bats! That sounds amazing. :wub:

It looks like I'll be making them this afternoon, because timing.

Really it's just cute little molds and tempered chocolate.

We have little skull molds too.

Can I live in your kitchen?

• Like 9

I have Korben at the office with me today....somewhere along the way I just decided that Fridays are bring your dog to work day. It works well - a lot of people take Fridays off so there's not much going on. I don't have any meetings to go to and if I do need to leave the office for whatever reason, my temp or the girl across the hall are perfectly willing to watch him. He paces around behind my desk half the time and half the time he curls up on his bed and goes to sleep and he never makes a peep, so most people have no idea that he's here until I take him out for a walk. Honestly, I could probably bring him every day and the only time it would be a problem is when I have meetings.

Anyway, I decided that I wanted to go to Starbucks at lunch time - I looked up their menu and they had a chicken and artichoke flatbread sandwich that looked really good, so I decided to get that.....except when I got to the drive through, turns out they don't have it in my area. So I asked for a different sandwich - sorry, we're out of that. <_< Ok, how about this sandwich? Nope, out of that too. :mellow: I wound up with some kind of tomato and basil pesto and mozzarella Panini, which was fine, but just not what I wanted. So then I decided to go and eat it at home instead of taking it back to the office.

It was the least peaceful lunch ever, as the people who live above me sounded like they have created a new sport that is a combination of curling, hurdles and bowling. So I was quite annoyed...but then, when I was leaving, there was a U-HAUL truck in the parking lot! Now it might just be a coincidence because if you've ever seen the video of the upstairs neighbours who are putting on an art performance of making noises that the people below them can't identify and they sleep in shifts so that they can always be making noise for their "audience" to "appreciate"? Those are the people that live above me, so it's not that unusual for them to be making an ungodly amount of noise......but you guys, if we could all have a moment of silence this afternoon making wishes that the herd of buffalos above me are moving out, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Like 15

Curling... hurdles... bowling...

Lissen, I guess I hope they move out or whatever but I'm stealing this and starting a Curdling League.   Because if that doesn't sound like a goblin sport I don't know what could.

Use skullz!!!!

The crowd will love it!

• Like 8

So I thought I could help the weekend get closer by working on typing up all of my sculpting notes that I took this weekend.

-snip-a-dee doo dah-

I've never been very good at listening when people tell me not to do things, but I'll try not to cheerlead too much. I'll just simply state that I miss you and I wish that we didn't have some things in common and I absolutely adore you in every way. You were exactly the amazing ray of light in person that I always envisioned you to be, so just remember that shadows come and go but I assure you that every single person that knows you on this forum, whether they've gotten to meet you in person or not, absolutely sees that light. There are so many things about you that are special and amazing and I hope that one day it's as simple as blinking for you to send those bad brain thoughts away. <3

• Like 13

So I thought I could help the weekend get closer by working on typing up all of my sculpting notes that I took this weekend.

-snip-a-dee doo dah-

I've never been very good at listening when people tell me not to do things, but I'll try not to cheerlead too much. I'll just simply state that I miss you and I wish that we didn't have some things in common and I absolutely adore you in every way. You were exactly the amazing ray of light in person that I always envisioned you to be, so just remember that shadows come and go but I assure you that every single person that knows you on this forum, whether they've gotten to meet you in person or not, absolutely sees that light. There are so many things about you that are special and amazing and I hope that one day it's as simple as blinking for you to send those bad brain thoughts away. <3

Here Here! (or is it Hear, Hear!? I always get it mixed up)
  • Like 7

-snip-a-dee doo dah-

Here Here! (or is it Hear, Hear!? I always get it mixed up)

Oyez! Oyez!

Edit: Clarification.  Oyez was the French legal term for "Hear Ye! Hear Ye!" and was allowed to be used in MOE (Merry Olde England) and thus transliteralated across to these shores... to some degree...

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 6