Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

I wanted to try making falafel today. I had to settle for premade, produce department falafel. I have learned that tahini is really gritty, and I don't think I really care for it much. I would have been better off trying to make tzatziki or putting hummus on it. After all, falafel are kinda gritty on their own.

Now I'm watching Buffy. It's the episode where Giles comes back. I don't remember why he left, because it's been 3 years since I last watched any Buffy, and before that I don't think I ever really watched it. But, well, Sarah Michelle Gellar...

• Like 5

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oyez! Oyez!

Edit: Clarification. Oyez was the French legal term for "Hear Ye! Hear Ye!" and was allowed to be used in MOE (Merry Olde England) and thus transliteralated across to these shores... to some degree...

So that's where that comes from. All I know is that it annoys me at SCA events.

• Like 5

So at lunch today my lovely Bride decided she wanted to rearrange the house (read as ME rearrange the house).  It's my fault mostly.  I asked her if she wanted to do the prep work on her Mousling heroes or if she wanted me to do the mold lines and cleaning.  She has determined that she wants to learn how to do the prep work, but doesn't like sitting at the desk in the Den where all our hobby tables are.  

For now, it appears I get to do the following:

1) Move her hobby desk into the living room.

2) Setup her computer on her hobby desk, but leave it in the living room.

3) Setup her lamp and paint stuff on my old computer desk (with wheels) so she can do Hobby stuff while sitting on the couch.

4) Move the extra couch and love seat out of the living room and into the den.

5) Move the dog sleeping area from the Den to the small room between our bedroom and the den... 

6) Move all of my clothes out of the small room so the dogs don't mess with them (or more likely the cats that hop the fence and then try to find something to climb).

7) Move my workbench into the living room (cause she won't do Hobby stuff unless I am in the same room doing Hobby stuff)

The only real downside I see to this is that I will have to setup a push to talk or something for Google Hangouts as there will pretty much always be ambient noise moving into that room (she can always watch tv without me, just not hobby type stuff except for her coloring books when she relaxes in bed).  Oh, and how much light my Daylight lamp produces on my work area... she really hasn't experienced that yet after I got it.  So, yeah, busy weekend... plus all of the planned calculations for ZOMBIEFEST2016 (see previous comments or wait for the WIP).

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 11

So I thought I could help the weekend get closer by working on typing up all of my sculpting notes that I took this weekend.

Instead the bad brain attacked and has been plaguing me with dumb things like how useless all my notes are, and that there are already plenty of other sculptors and minis, nobody needs any more, even if I sculpted things other than minis they wouldn't be needed, etc....

:blink:

Have you met us? We have a thread dedicated to the crap we just bought, and a whole forum for enabling each other to help launch more things through Kickstarter.

There may be such a thing as "enough", or "plenty", but we surely have not found it yet.  :;,;:

look, I have 'plenty' of figures, just not 'enough'

Curling... hurdles... bowling...

Lissen, I guess I hope they move out or whatever but I'm stealing this and starting a Curdling League.   Because if that doesn't sound like a goblin sport I don't know what could.

Any game/sport/activity called 'curdling' definitely sounds very gobliny. We may have to play it next Reapercon (less than 12 months now guys!!!)

• Like 8

Huzzah! They return! I was getting kinda bored.

Also, Fritz Postal since return!

Edit: back in September I bought what could probably be called GW's learn to paint kit. It's a kit that comes with 3 snap-fit space marines, 8 little teeny tiny pots of paint, and a brush. While the forums were down, I was going to try painting one up using the not-quite directions that they include on a lift flap on the box. Except that the paints fell victim to the curse of paint pots. Or at least the primer did. The blue base coat was still good, but I didn't check the others. But man, that primer was about a solid plastic plug with a puddle of water on it. There was no way to save it.

I'm worried that the others will have fallen victim to the same, since they're such small amounts and everything, but at the same time I don't want to open them in case they haven't, because that would just speed it up by exposing them to air.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 8

It occurred to me as I was about to sleep...

"Don't read the comments" does not apply to us. Other places/people talking on a company page about a broken feature on their website would be full of rage and insults.

Not us.

284 comments, and we're just chatty. I love each and every one of you so much. :wub:

• Like 14