Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It occurred to me as I was about to sleep...

"Don't read the comments" does not apply to us. Other places/people talking on a company page about a broken feature on their website would be full of rage and insults.

Not us.

284 comments, and we're just chatty. I love each and every one of you so much. :wub:

I tried to find the Reaper Fb page. But if one is not logged in to fb I suppose it does not allow comments to be read ?

• Like 2

I tried to find the Reaper Fb page. But if one is not logged in to fb I suppose it does not allow comments to be read ?

I think so. That's the same thing that happened to me. I checked the fb page but couldn't see the posts. I ended up rewatching a really dumb anime that I have no good reason for liking... but do. lol It was fun, but I really should've painted more zombies. Darn procrastination! >.<'

• Like 4

"Don't read the comments" does not apply to us. Other places/people talking on a company page about a broken feature on their website would be full of rage and insults.

Not us.

284 comments, and we're just chatty. I love each and every one of you so much. :wub:

Gotta say, though, the impromptu facebook randomness thread was kinda fun. But I am quite glad the forums are back! :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 12

My first evening of freedom (wasn't done until after four, so not like it was an whole afternoon) found me:

Vacuuming the leaves (got 1/2 the backyard done)

Hitting Costco for Halloween treats, things to BBQ tomorrow for board games, and bacholer survival food

Watching 3 YouTube videos of my own volition

Continuing to unpack the paint area

And... playing some baldurs gate.

Probably should have been lane and just went to bed at 11. But it's my first weekend of freedom. (I dont have 15 million tasks that should be done, but don't have the time to do them, hanging over my head. It hasn't really hit me yet, I still feel like I'm 'getting away with something' because I'm spending time doing chores and other productive stuff that isn't the pile of work that was ever re-generating for the last 3ish years. It was like it seriously had a ring of regeneration. I just want to keep being productive at least at some level and not get sucked into the quagmire of not getting anything done even if I do have full weekends to myself every weekend. I feel like I took them for granted in the past)

Of course, stuff had to blow up and force my husband to move up his trip to Spain from December to hours before I finished. :down:

Well I'll just have to show how much I've appreciated all he has done for me by doing all the chores he was forced to take on 100% while I was busy.

• Like 11

Okay, I guess I shouldn't have said people didn't need any more. :lol:

And I do get excited to make things for friends! I just think that it's dumb that I have to pay rent, I should be able to make minis for friends and they give me snacks :lol:

Anthromorphic platypus please. Snacks will vary, but *dumps all the snacks available on mori*

And glad you can tell that side of the brain to sit in the corner.

• Like 8

Was going to post this earlier, but the forums went down right as I tried.

Yay! I'm glad he had a happy birthday (even though I was lazy and didn't poke my head in any of the birthday threads). I keep hoping that you guy will find a nice situation to get comfortable and settle down in soon. I know it's going to happen eventually, but sooner is always better. ^_^

Thanks, we do too! :)

So I thought I could help the weekend get closer by working on typing up all of my sculpting notes that I took this weekend.

Instead the bad brain attacked and has been plaguing me with dumb things like how useless all my notes are, and that there are already plenty of other sculptors and minis, nobody needs any more, even if I sculpted things other than minis they wouldn't be needed, etc....

I hate when you know your thoughts are stupid but you feel like you can't do anything about them. >_>

It's like seeing your friends talk poo about you and you kinda wave, like, "Hello.... I'm right here...."

and they go, "Yeah? And?"

"Oh."

I don't need any cheerleading or anything haha, just needed to type it out. It's better than how I used to be. I used to just agree  :wacko:

-sighs and continues typing notes-

*sends hugs and warm brownies*

I knooooow, those awful little thoughts are so mean! ::(: I'm glad you're getting better at acknowledging them as the lies that they are. You are such an awesome arty bright spark of joy, and your lovely talents are loved and wanted and appreciated! :wub:

So I thought I could help the weekend get closer by working on typing up all of my sculpting notes that I took this weekend.

-snip-a-dee doo dah-

I've never been very good at listening when people tell me not to do things, but I'll try not to cheerlead too much. I'll just simply state that I miss you and I wish that we didn't have some things in common and I absolutely adore you in every way. You were exactly the amazing ray of light in person that I always envisioned you to be, so just remember that shadows come and go but I assure you that every single person that knows you on this forum, whether they've gotten to meet you in person or not, absolutely sees that light. There are so many things about you that are special and amazing and I hope that one day it's as simple as blinking for you to send those bad brain thoughts away. <3

Also everything Guindy said. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 10

One more day at my current job and then I start at the new location on Sunday.

I feel both anticipation and apprehension.

You misspelled antici...

Pation. Or just left out the dramatic

Pause!!

(I know, I know I'm mixing my movie/tv tropes, but it's fun anyway)

• Like 7

Yay, the forums are back!

I missed you folks.

Not us.

There were comments? Was this on the Kickstarter?

In minor news, I appear to have ruined some spider's day yesterday afternoon. I suspect it was curled up in my right coat sleeve and had to make an escape when I pulled the coat on. By the time I got back from my errand I had two tiny itchy blisters about a centimeter apart on my right wrist, and this morning they are angry, hard little yellow itchy bump clusters with a bit of warm bruisiness around them.

• Like 7

Ahh... Kickstarter would explain it. As a non-backer (only cause I didn't know) I had no access to that. I looked on SpaceBook and found nothing. Couldn't find any active Hangouts from previous links. I had a sad.

And then I imagined it from Bryan's perspective... 92 hour week, sort of a couple days off. Getting ready for the weekend and BAM! SQL corruption... So much sympathy for that. So much...

For me that would mean calling across campus to the cold room where my servers live and coordinating a restore from backup while diving into server logs. If I lost a few edits, no big deal. I do not have rampant animals tromping through a forum on my server. I was very surprised that a lot of content was not lost. Heck, even the post I was editing at 2:29 pm was actually edited prior to the server crashing fully and it looks like no data was lost. Color me impressed!

How do we send bacon to Bryan and the web team?!?

• Like 10

Yay, the forums are back!

I missed you folks.

Not us.

There were comments? Was this on the Kickstarter?

In minor news, I appear to have ruined some spider's day yesterday afternoon. I suspect it was curled up in my right coat sleeve and had to make an escape when I pulled the coat on. By the time I got back from my errand I had two tiny itchy blisters about a centimeter apart on my right wrist, and this morning they are angry, hard little yellow itchy bump clusters with a bit of warm bruisiness around them.

The comments were on Ary's post to Reapers Facebook page asking if the forums were down for everyone or if the issue was on her end. 300+ comments on a single post, it became the temporary replacement randomness thread, Bryan even commented to let us know they were aware of the issue and working on it.

• Like 12

Instead the bad brain attacked and has been plaguing me with dumb things like how useless all my notes are, and that there are already plenty of other sculptors and minis, nobody needs any more, even if I sculpted things other than minis they wouldn't be needed, etc....

I hate when you know your thoughts are stupid but you feel like you can't do anything about them. >_>

It's like seeing your friends talk poo about you and you kinda wave, like, "Hello.... I'm right here...."

and they go, "Yeah? And?"

"Oh."

I don't need any cheerleading or anything haha, just needed to type it out. It's better than how I used to be. I used to just agree :wacko:

-sighs and continues typing notes-

1) you continued to type notes, so yay victory!

2) one of the allegories I use is this: in depression the brain becomes like driving on an old country road, with deep deep wheel ruts. Those ruts guide you wheels and make steering in any other direction difficult. But that's what needs to be done, grabbing the wheel and trying to go a different direction then those wheel ruts are taking you.

3) do you really think the world has enough minis? I don't, so please sculpt some more. :lol:

• Like 9

-finishes rebooting

-discontinuity detected in the timeline

Anomaly detected.  Dispatch troubleshooters.

-a rack of T1000's cycles up to active, marches down to the basement where the time machines are kept, and leaps back in time to shoot the trouble

• Like 8