Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

Looking at the minis they are producing for it, I'm getting pretty excited for the Rogue Stars skirmish game.

Minis? Where would i see these wondrous things?

I'm pretty excited for the game, too.

... a candy corn flavored Hershey bar. ...

That seems added insult to injury ...

No kidding.

• Like 2

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the minis they are producing for it, I'm getting pretty excited for the Rogue Stars skirmish game.

I've got a ton of cool sci fi minis that would be great to use! I also seem to recall reading that the rules will be useful for representing space wizards with laser swords...

• Like 5

Minis? Where would i see these wondrous things?

I'm pretty excited for the game, too.

On Bookface. 

I don't think this counts as a commerce link, but if so I'll remove it.  https://www.facebook.com/ospreysroguestars/

• Like 4

I've got a ton of cool sci fi minis that would be great to use! I also seem to recall reading that the rules will be useful for representing space wizards with laser swords...

I plan to use these rules to finally play an Inquisitor style game.  And a Firefly/Traveller style game.  I have a ton of figures for both already.

• Like 7

ReaperCon 2016 Review video is saving off now. Had a mere 19 throat clearings to edit and remove. Got smart this time and wrote down the time of the recording so I could skip ahead to each one and exterminate.

While that's saving off, I'm going to be looking for the pack of three mousling sets from the last kickstarter. Wife wants to paint.

WIFE MUST PAINT.

She's getting scary guys. I'm a little afraid.

• Like 14

Well, I decided to check out the other mini-pots of paint that came with my GW space marines and paints set. The washes are usable, along with the macragge blue, and that's about it. I didn't even have to open the ceramic white to see that it had turned into a plug of plastic. The two metallics are almost there as well, and the base texturing paint is halfway dried. So out of the 8 mini-pots, only 3 are actually usable. Considering that the pots they're in are literally just a shorter(by about half) version of GW's normal pots, that's pretty sad. Either I got an ancient kit, or the pots are just so bad at keeping paints that they can't even do it for a month when factory sealed and in a climate controlled room. It also means I spent $35 on what would otherwise be a $10 3-mini basic space marine kit, a low quality brush, and 3 3ml paints.

I should have checked the paints when it was originally delivered. Then I could have complained and gotten replacements. Now it's probably too late.

• Like 1

Well, I decided to check out the other mini-pots of paint that came with my GW space marines and paints set. The washes are usable, along with the macragge blue, and that's about it. I didn't even have to open the ceramic white to see that it had turned into a plug of plastic. The two metallics are almost there as well, and the base texturing paint is halfway dried. So out of the 8 mini-pots, only 3 are actually usable. Considering that the pots they're in are literally just a shorter(by about half) version of GW's normal pots, that's pretty sad. Either I got an ancient kit, or the pots are just so bad at keeping paints that they can't even do it for a month when factory sealed and in a climate controlled room. It also means I spent $35 on what would otherwise be a $10 3-mini basic space marine kit, a low quality brush, and 3 3ml paints.

I should have checked the paints when it was originally delivered. Then I could have complained and gotten replacements. Now it's probably too late.

Their pots are pretty terrible.  The texture paints start out pretty thick though so it might be worth at least trying them.  If the metallics aren't actually dry you should be able to salvage them with either some acrylic medium or some water, just don't thin them down to much if you use water.

• Like 4

Candy Corn is a perfectly adult breakfast...

...for numerous species of insects.

Laugh it up griffon.  I merely view your disdain for my candy corn as less competition.  ::P:

*pokes head in*

Did I hear the magical words..."candy corn"? :wub: :wub:

Someone handed me a candy corn flavored Hershey bar. Took one bite and tossed it away.

What a terrible thing to do to perfectly good candy corn flavoring. :zombie: (I'm not a big Hershey fan, but will consume it if no better chocolate is available)

Once again my consciousness is required before 11am. The world is so unfair.  :upside:

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6

... a candy corn flavored Hershey bar. ...

That seems added insult to injury ...

Looked this up since I've never seen them.  Here's a snack size bag:

81WacXcUO6L._SX522_.jpg

I think they're grasping on this one.  Some people really like them, though.

• Like 2